Im looking for an amp thats loud enough for small gigs, preferably a 100watt or close too, with some reverb maybe.

I play classic rock, blues, rock.

Thanks
Quote by voodoochild23
The Pit is one of the most brutally honest places in the universe.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
I demand the nigga nyigguh nukka.

Peavey Classic 30. Its only 30 watts but its definitely loud enough for small and medium sized gigs, and great for blues and rock.
^^ I think i've seen these on the internet before but didnt think anything of it because it was only 30 watts. They look good actually
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

oh and also I need an amp with footswitchable channels
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

laney are good, I have the vc-15, loud as. peavey classic 30 are good to. I play blues as well, obvisously what sound we want are different. where abouts are you located?
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
Quote by Besa-Moogie
laney are good, I have the vc-15, loud as. peavey classic 30 are good to. I play blues as well, obvisously what sound we want are different. where abouts are you located?

coffs harbour, nsw
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

You gotta go used man. Seriously, new amps are so overpriced it should be a crime to patronise their shops. You can import them yourself from the US for far less, it's outrageous.
Second hand you can score some real bargains. Haunt ebay.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You gotta go used man. Seriously, new amps are so overpriced it should be a crime to patronise their shops. You can import them yourself from the US for far less, it's outrageous.
Second hand you can score some real bargains. Haunt ebay.

yeah thats a good point, i was wondering whether I should do that or get one new for the warranty
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

If you get a good solid valve amp then there's not much goes wrong with them apart from valves and you gotta change them at some stage anyway. If it was going to catch fire due to a manufacturing defect it would have caught fire on the other guy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
If you get a good solid valve amp then there's not much goes wrong with them apart from valves and you gotta change them at some stage anyway. If it was going to catch fire due to a manufacturing defect it would have caught fire on the other guy.

haha thats true.

also, i'll be putting up my flameshield after this, but what actually IS a valve amp. Like the difference between it and a normal amp
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

Valve is what we Aussies call tubes (well, everybody except Americans actually). You know, those old fashioned glowing bottles they used to have in everything back in the 50's?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Ok thanks man.
I wont be getting the amp for a few months so i'll probably just keep looking around on ebay.

I might end up going with this though, seeing as its cheap, loud and has decent channels and reverb. And a 1 year warranty
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-RANDALL-RX-75R-75W-GUITAR-AMP-COMBO-W-REVERB-/200411174842?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item2ea96fd7ba
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

hot rod deluxe on ebay right now for exactly $800
with a dirt pedal they'd get you classic rock fo' shizz and the cleans are where it's at.
You know you don't need a 100W amp for small gigs? If you aren't playing flatout metal you could get away with a 15W valve amps. Valve amps sound louder than their solid state counterparts like that Randall. There's a Laney VC15 on ebay.au atm. It has a mighty fine sound.
What sort of music are you playing?

Laney VC15 on ebay.au

Edit: that amp is in Perth and it's local pickup only so that's out - but they're out there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by Cathbard
You know you don't need a 100W amp for small gigs? If you aren't playing flatout metal you could get away with a 15W valve amps. Valve amps sound louder than their solid state counterparts like that Randall. There's a Laney VC15 on ebay.au atm. It has a mighty fine sound.
What sort of music are you playing?

Laney VC15 on ebay.au

Edit: that amp is in Perth and it's local pickup only so that's out - but they're out there.

Ok Thanks, I didn't know that valve amps were louder because if I saw one on the internet i wasn't even taking a look at it because it was only 15 watts.

I play classic rock, blues, blues rock etc.
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

The VC15 would suit you down to the ground. A 15W valve amp will keep up with the drummer and that's all that matters - if the drums are being miked then so will your amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, seems to be a pretty common case in VC15s for the output transformer to blow though
Quote by voodoochild23

Quote by KeepOnRotting

I don't know about that but they cost about $40 to replace.

http://store.triodestore.com/outrfor18wam.html

Thats one for a Marshall but they use the same output valve compliment so it should be the same. Just showing you how cheap it is to replace even the most expensive components on an amp like that. That's a pretty good quality one from Chicago. I have one sitting next to me atm actually.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sorry for the double post but if you can afford it keep your eye on this. It's one of the best amps money can buy and perfect for you.

Vox AC30CC1 on ebay.au
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Sorry for the double post but if you can afford it keep your eye on this. It's one of the best amps money can buy and perfect for you.

Vox AC30CC1 on ebay.au

Yeah i've been thinking of pouncing on that one cheap and replacing the neo with an alnico blue. The 112 was a cool configuration i don't know why they didn't carry it through to the new series.