So i ordered my Boss NS2 today and then noticed it has 4 inputs,

Anyone know how i would connect this up to my amp i was thinking

I have a Boss GE-7 and a wah pedal, both these pedals make a good amount of noise, i wanted to mute them both

So would it be, Guitar > wah pedal > GE-7 > NS2 > AMP?

Or would i actually have to make use of the return and send input / outputs?

Can anyone explain in a bit more detail if possible
Quote by britishsligean

use this diagram to get the best effect from the ns-2

Sorry to be a noob, but does that mean I'll need to use all 4 inputs or would my option work?

I understand using all 4 inputs if i had a few more pedals but since i don't have a pedal board and only 2 pedals Would just connecting everything in a straight line work?
if you're trying to cut amp noise too you might as well use the X connection setup, i think. if it doesn't cut pedal noise enough then you can put your pedals in the ns2's loop.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I may as well just connect it up with everthing i guess then, I'm sure i'll figure it out, I'll just need to get a few more patch cables then.
aye
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I used to run my NS-2 in the X pattern, but you pretty much lose the ability to roll of your volume knob to get cleans, the output is too low to 'open' the NS-2's gate. Now I just run it in the loop, its not really designed for that, you need the threshold all the way up for it to work, but its quiet enough for me.
Quote by littlephil
I used to run my NS-2 in the X pattern, but you pretty much lose the ability to roll of your volume knob to get cleans, the output is too low to 'open' the NS-2's gate. Now I just run it in the loop, its not really designed for that, you need the threshold all the way up for it to work, but its quiet enough for me.

Ah doesn't matter I never use the volume rolling, I always will just switch to the clean channel and use it that way. rather than rolling back my volume to geta a cleaner sound
Quote by littlephil

I tried the NS-2 in the loop of my savage and it barely did anything at all Still a nasty noisy hiss present.

I had to get another Rocktron Hush unit to cut the hiss in my amps preamp. Then again I am a gain *****!

Overall the NS-2 is a pretty poor gate imo.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by Talentless
I tried the NS-2 in the loop of my savage and it barely did anything at all Still a nasty noisy hiss present.

I had to get another Rocktron Hush unit to cut the hiss in my amps preamp. Then again I am a gain *****!

Yeah, it doesnt do a heap, but my amps quiet enough anyway. It worked fine in the X-pattern, just I use my volume knob a HEAP and I could live with a little noise if it meant keeping the use of the volume knob.
Yeah my amp is pretty quite as I'm only using around 5-7(at most) gain, for metallica etc and sounds pretty good,

I'm also using my GE-7 as a boost which adds a lot of noise, and i get pretty bad feedback, So hopefully the NS2 will stop that.

And my WAH pedal is also a noise generator.
Quote by Talentless

it only worked with my savage se when i used the x-pattern.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it only worked with my savage se when i used the x-pattern.

The way I had it was at first I had it in front of the amp to stop noise from the boss CS-3 I was using at the time and I had my prophesy in the loop of my amp. I had pretty much zero noise. However the compressor wasn't brilliant so i swapped it around.

Prophesy was connected via 4 cable method and the NS-2 was put in my loop and it did nothing at that point.... Prophesy compression is very good however.

Ah well, the rocktron hush ultra cuts all noise now.

With regards to the gain I use, I generally have the channel 3 and channel 4 gain on about 7/10 and run on channel 4 on the savage...... Rocktron compressor is engage full too. Think thats why my setup was so noisy.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
yeah compressors add noise, the boss one is especially bad at that, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?