Mkay so i just got my new bass amp like 40 minutes ago, an orange crush 50bxt. Was all happy for like 20 minutes until i tried turning up the volume and then stuff get's anyoyingly awkward.

Ok so full volume on bass and amp - little sound. As in quietest you can go on my 6 watt.

Turn up the gain the tinyest bit - i get my slight distortion which i assumed was supposed to happen but sometimes if i slap it will cut out and make a sort of ascending whump noise O.o

Turn the gain full - sounds like it should sound on clean (bit quieter than i remember though) except theres loads of feedback/ general uber-fuzz.

any solutions or should i return it to Thomann. (i've had to return stuff to them before. would rather not do it again.)

thanks. and sorry if i missed any important information.
With the master volume on about 7 and the gain on 4, what does it sound like?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
take it back and be like

SHITS BROKE YO
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
With the master volume on about 7 and the gain on 4, what does it sound like?

like it has bad distortion and the background is sort of like the noise you would hear of a plane engine running when your in the air but quieter

take it back and be like

SHITS BROKE YO

But then they'll be all like AWWWWH SAY WAH? WE'LL GIVE IT BACK TO YOU IN 4 WEEKS! DERP.
Quote by the floor
But then they'll be all like AWWWWH SAY WAH? WE'LL GIVE IT BACK TO YOU IN 4 WEEKS! DERP.

I feel like I shouldn't have laughed as much as I did at that...

But anyway, maybe give it a day or two and see how it works then. Whatever you do, DON'T open it up, as it will probably void the warranty and any chance you have at returning it. If that doesn't work, just return it and deal with their shenanigans and don't order from them again.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
If that doesn't work, just return it and deal with their shenanigans and don't order from them again.

But how am i supposed to resist those prices?

And mkay then i'll leave it. I do have 3 years after all. Also they sent me an American plug so i'm running it through an adaptor i don't suppose that would completely f**k it up?
Whatever you do, dont open the chassis. Doing this will void your warranty and then youll REALLY be screwed.

First off, I dont know much about adapters, but it is POSSIBLE that its the problem. Heres my line of thought. Adapters like that are usually rated for phone chargers, small stereos etc. Well, and amp is a lot bigger, and it might not be able to draw enough power through the adapter.

Second, did you buy it in a store or online? If it was online, I know theres usually a decent return policy for musicians friend, GC online, etc. If you bought it in a store, that leads us to number three

Was it a floor model?
hmmm might just try other adaptors then or try returning the cable first

Second, did you buy it in a store or online?

I got it off Thomann and there return policy is good it's just annoying having to wait for something to be fixed and sent back >_<
Yeah having an American style plug might have something to do with it...

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees