Page 1 of 2
Well, craigslist strikes again. Another great deal. For a grand total of $200, I got this:

1). Hamer Californian 27 fretter, pickups upgraded to Dimarzios (Air Norton / Super 3) and trem upgraded to an Original floyd.

2). Schecter Omen 6, pickups upgraded with a Seymour Duncan 59 and a Dimarzio Breed.

3). ESP Eclipse (one of the older ones), a project guitar in that it's missing the pots and pickups, but has everything else including a brand new Original Floyd Rose.

Literally $65 a piece. The guy even threw in 2 brand new floor stands. The Schecter needs to have the input jack resoldered (5 minute fix), and the Hamer has one fret that has a tiny dent (doesn't affect playability, but I can get it replaced for 10 bucks if i want). The Eclipse has no issues of any sort. I love craigslist.

Pics!!

And a group shot:

I can't review the Eclipse cuz it doesn't have electronics :P, but the neck feels great. The Hamer plays like an old favorite, great pickups and beautiful neck binding. The Schecter is decent, plays like any mid-range-y guitar but the Duncan and Dimarzio pickups definitely are a huge upgrade.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Jul 7, 2010,
I'm playing the Hamer right now, and this one is a total keeper. Schecter's up next.
Quote by Zeletros
Why would you need more than 1 guitar?

Are you a guitar player?

HNGD

You should put some actives in the Eclipse since the other two have passives already
Quote by Zeletros

Reading that and then your signature... Guess you're right.

Priceless!

TS, HNGD! Great find, and some great projects for such a steal.
Last edited by Y00p at Jul 7, 2010,
The Eclipse might actually be for sale, cuz I don't play 24.75 scale guitars. But at this price I just couldn't pass it up.
Quote by CustomAxe
The Eclipse might actually be for sale, cuz I don't play 24.75 scale guitars. But at this price I just couldn't pass it up.

Then by all means, fix it up first and THEN sell it. You could make a 1000% profit on that, easily.
Heh once i saw the carvin v in your sig i knew it was you. Nice finds bro i wish i had that kind of luck and money.
sick deal.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Y00p
Then by all means, fix it up first and THEN sell it. You could make a 1000% profit on that, easily.

Yeah I'm aware of that but I might just sell it for what I paid to a buddy of mine, he's been gasing REALLY hard for an Eclipse but his financial situation isn't good.

Quote by Nostoi
Love the Hamer - how's it sound?

Sounds fantastic, plays fantastic. Great neck, the Dimarzios really sound great, and the original floyd of course stays in tune perfectly. The Hamer is the one guitar of these three that I'm 10000% keeping.
3xHNGD!
I'm *^%#ing jealous :tasty:
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Thanks man. The Hamer i'm keeping, the other two I'm on the fence about. Maybe trade/sell...
Quote by CustomAxe
Yeah I'm aware of that but I might just sell it for what I paid to a buddy of mine, he's been gasing REALLY hard for an Eclipse but his financial situation isn't good.

Ah, that would be nice as well.
What sort of stuff you gonna use the 27 fret for?
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Quote by Zeletros

Try recording a quality song or two sometime.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by fender-lespaul
What sort of stuff you gonna use the 27 fret for?

I play a lota progressive metal, I'm sure it'll come in handy
Quote by Y00p
Reading that and then your signature... Guess you're right.

Priceless!

TS, HNGD! Great find, and some great projects for such a steal.

you beat me to it! xD

its looks like thievery that cheap!

HNGD!
Holyshit! That was godlike!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

man you gotta love craigslist.

HNGDx3!!!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
thanks man. I love craigslist
definitely loving that hamer... i was looking at those a year or so ago since the small guitar shop near me only carries hamer. cool finds! happy new guitar(s) day!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Alex!

Glad you're enjoying the guitars. Small world eh?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
The man of the hour! I am very much digging them, especially the Hamer! Restringing it right now. Thanks for a hassle-free transaction. All the best at your new job!
Dude selling the Eclipse that cheap is seriously an idiot. Thats atleast a $500 guitar used if not more. HNGD
Quote by Stud_Muffin
you got such a sweet deal there dude, im loving the hamer

And best of all an extremely pleasant seller to deal with. You never know what you're gonna get on craigslist. I had a guy once try to sell me a guitar that upon close inspection was very obviously fake, and he was infuriated that I didn't want it even after I showed him the obvious signs of it being a fake. Sometimes though craigslist redeems your faith in guitar-sellin' humanity
Quote by handbanana
Dude selling the Eclipse that cheap is seriously an idiot. Thats atleast a $500 guitar used if not more. HNGD

Hahaha, you realise the guy just posted a few posts above you, right?
Just to defend my sale a bit:

1) These guitars were all priced to move. I needed the space.
2) The Eclipse is one of the older "Custom" models, with a flat top and beveled edges. The newer Eclipses (Standard, I believe) have arch tops and are worth a lot more.
3) Have you seen the guitar? It's a body, a neck, a Floyd and some tuners. He's going to have to invest a good deal of time/money to get it playable; time/money that I don't want to spend right now.
4) The body isn't in the greatest shape. More time/money that needs to be spent unless he's into the vintage look.

Just my two cents: did he get a great deal? I believe so. Is it a retarded deal on my part? Considering the circumstances, I don't think so.

If he can get it back in good condition and make it a playable, enjoyable (or even resell-able) guitar, then I'm happy for him! Best of luck with the project, man.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Dude, you don't have to defend your sale to some jerk on the interwebs. I have no plans to gouge anybody on any kind of resale of the instruments. I will either a) fix it up and play the heck out of it, or b) pass it on for the same price to my buddy, who will do (a). You're happy, I'm happy, win/win.
Very naiiice, I like.
Dont mind them so much, Nick. They can shout all they can about how much you COULD have sold your guitars for but I dont think many realize how much efforts and time have to be invested just to sell them to "good" price. Sometime you earn more by just getting rid of them as soon as possible. In the end, Alex gets his good deal and you earn more time and a whole lot less of stress.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Ah nice one, that hamer looks awesome
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
that hamer is beautiful, the schecter is definatly niether are even NEAR worth $65 bucks, but damn its one of the best deals ive seen for a guitar, especially with an OFR and good pickups
Eh.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there^, can you rephrase that in english please lol?
Quote by CustomAxe
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there^, can you rephrase that in english please lol?

niether the schecter or the hamer are worth what u bought em for, in fact they're each worth waaaaay more, so its one of the best deals ive ever seen
Eh.
Just curious, any guestimates on the cost to wire that eclipse up (assuming can't do it yourself)? You could get the pickups for around 200ish right, then a tech to wire the whole thing up plus pots/knobs, what another 300 or 400?
Guitars
Amps
Page 1 of 2