Page 1 of 2
Oh, look! He brought an acoustic guitar! Maybe he'll play songs we all know so that we can sing along!

...alright, it's a little out of tune, but maybe we can sing over it.

Okay, he's playing Sweet Chil- Trying to play Sweet Child O' Mine. I dunno, I like the song, maybe we can sing to that? He stopped. Now he's playing Iron Man.

Just wanted to summarize every party I've ever been to. Why must the six string ruin all forms of partying?
There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
Because he can't play it...
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
me and my friends don't play in front of people we don't know at parties, seems like something a tool would do.

I also only have one friend with an acoustic guitar, but he's pretty good, and plays gigs and stuffs, he wouldn't bring it to a party.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 7, 2010,
Because nobody likes the arrogant dick who brings his guitar anywhere it shouldn't be. Unless you're invited to play, don't.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I bring my acoustic to parties. I play it. People sing along.

Must suck to have someone who can't play it.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I hate it even when they are good... these people just like attention and stop any decent conversation that could be happen - they always choose to do it in the quietest part of a party!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
I usually bring my vuvuzela to parties and we all sing along to popular vuvuzela songs.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I usually bring my vuvuzela to parties and we all sing along to popular vuvuzela songs.

Winner.
Quote by fortysix&2
I hate it even when they are good... these people just like attention and stop any decent conversation that could be happen - they always choose to do it in the quietest part of a party!

I was down the pub before and some **** brought his guitar for the open mic night they were having. He was insistent on standing about outside in the beer garden playing it whilst constantly looking to make sure someone was watching him. If he was being ignored he would walk up to people and kinda force the recognition. I just wanted him to **** off.
Cause the guy is a tool and does no know how to play! Stop inviting them or just tell everyone ahead of time that these guys can't play for shit.
Quote by Kensai

This is awesome!
Quote by Kensai

This indeed, the only way to party.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
>get invited to a party by some guy I know
>take my acoustic
>pretend to mess up Sweet Child o Mine
>they mad
>start playing Iron Man riff
>they madder
>my face

Playing guitar at parties is just a no no. Unless you're drunk, then it's funny, but still a no no because you'll end up ****ing something/someone up.
Quote by Kensai

I like the one that goes "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!"
Quote by PotBellyShogun
>get invited to a party by some guy I know
>take my acoustic
>pretend to mess up Sweet Child o Mine
>they mad
>start playing Iron Man riff
>they madder
>my face

+1
Quote by MightyAl
I like the one that goes "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!"

I like the one where U.S. never had a chance.
Quote by MightyAl

I like when people cover the 'comfortably numb' solo. That's amazing.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
My little sister's sad friends used to do this when she had them over for drinkypoos and to soak up each other's awesomeness. And then my sister would attentionwore and be like MAI SISTUR HAZ A GITAR TOO LOLZ and all these spotty, greasy-emo fringed little twats would be trying to get their greasy hands all over my ibanez

No guitars at parties, losers.
Im the guy that ends up finding an old acoustic somewhere in the house and then takes requests for the rest of the night.

.Actually at my friends house, teh party started to center around playing guitar, cuz everyone there but like 3 people could play, and the kids setup costs about 4x more then my car does.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Im the guy that ends up finding an old acoustic somewhere in the house and then takes requests for the rest of the night.

Which is fine as long as you can play the song the whole way through. Which sounds like the douches problem in the TS's post. If you can't play at least a hand full of popular songs that people can sing to, then you're not ready to play in public.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Last edited by Bertallica at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by JacobTheMe

That's shit, please don't do it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Playing guitar at parties is almost up with hair gel and fist-pumping on the douchebaggery scale. It's like saying, "Hey, I'm not attractive, funny, or clever enough to get girls attention, so I'll make enough noise that they have to pay attention to me!"
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
My little sister's sad friends used to do this when she had them over for drinkypoos and to soak up each other's awesomeness. And then my sister would attentionwore and be like MAI SISTUR HAZ A GITAR TOO LOLZ and all these spotty, greasy-emo fringed little twats would be trying to get their greasy hands all over my ibanez

No guitars at parties, losers.

Who wouldn't want to get their greasy hands all over your Ibanezes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I take my guitar to parties. Mostly because I'm asked to bring it. People know I play and like to have a sing along. If I'm not asked to bring it it's probably because I'm playing at said party haha
I find that this solves the problem most of the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0QqbukAlKQ

But seriously, I sometimes play at parties, I just leave the guitar in the car, and don't mention it to anybody. And if asked to, then play some sing-along songs. But you NEVER arrive at the party with a guitar and start playing, that's just douchy.
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

I've never seen someone bring a guitar to a party. I wouldn't really mind it if someone did, as long as they actually know how to play it decently. It's a bit of an attention whore move, but whatever.
Lesson learned - Unless the very reason you're invited is to play music, don't.
Also, at parties, easy-to-play sing alongs are usually more popular than guitar solos, no matter how awesome the solo.

On a side note, I only play guitar at parties when I'm explicitly invited to do so.

Also,
Quote by Kensai

Sigged.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Jul 7, 2010,
Depends on what kind of party it is, really. If I'm partying with nothing but musicians, then go ahead and play one of my guitars. I don't care. But if it's a general gathering of people, please leave it alone.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I tend to have my acoustic in my car all the time, just for convenience sake for when I happen to need it for something. The other day, some people wanted me and some other guy to play guitar, so we ended up playing a really nice rendition of "Wish You Were Here", it actually turned out fairly nice

Anyway, I never play unless asked. Dick move.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Page 1 of 2