sup peoplez! i was wondering if you could help me out? what key does veil of maya play in... ive found similar scales and keys like the A Augmented fifth Scale and the D Augmented Fifth scale but they're not exact. any thoughts or ideas?
Any minor key that has the root note of the open 6th string.
...I like metal.
Like I say, I don't know the band, but looking at a tab for a song that seems popular on this site, (Its not safe to swim today) is in the key of D major going of the first 4 bars. But that's not to say there might not be accidental's in the music. But that song looks to be in the Key of D major.
They play in the key of rock
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Well I would hope that as long as they have more than one song, that they would play in more than one key...
Quote by MustangMan311
I can guarantee you that they pay no attention to the key when they write their music, so there's no use in trying to find out what (single) key, if any, they play in.

just cause they don't pay attention, doesn't mean they dont use a key, or rather that their music isnt in a key. As I proved with the track I got the tab for, looked at, and recognised as Being in the Key of D major, due to the only sharps throughout being C# and F#

Ive not checked any other songs, and I dont know the band, so im not going to bother, but im willing to bet they will be in a key.
Yeah it's not like their Gorguts or something,it's pretty standard wanky prog stuff so they problem noodle around in key allot.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by AnnihiSlateR
just cause they don't pay attention, doesn't mean they dont use a key, or rather that their music isnt in a key. As I proved with the track I got the tab for, looked at, and recognised as Being in the Key of D major, due to the only sharps throughout being C# and F#

Ive not checked any other songs, and I dont know the band, so im not going to bother, but im willing to bet they will be in a key.

Nah its in B minor. Same sharps and flats as D major but the tonal center is definitely B.
It doesn't matter what key they play in. Their "sound" comes from phrasing, timbre, tempo and a meriad of other things; the key signature is basically the last thing on the list you should be worrying about.

But I can tell you this, it's either major or minor with accidentals (like nearly everything else).