Looking to upgrade the stock Ibanez pickups in my guitar (mahogany body with a maple cap I believe, maple neck, rosewood fretboard). I've had some good experiences with DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan pickups but would like to look into some other options (Bareknuckle, Motor City, etc.).

I mostly play heavier music and would like something that's midrangey and defined for the bridge, and a fluid but not muddy pickup for the neck. I'd prefer higher output if possible because I like my gain and harmonics. I will be playing through my VHT Pittbull 50/12 if that makes much of a difference. Both pickups should be 4-conductor so I can continue to take advantage of my 5-position blade switch.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
+1 to Bare Knuckles
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
what's your budget and what country are you in? bareknuckles are good and good value if you're in the UK, not so much if you're in the USA.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
US, and I'm looking to spend maybe $200-250 USD. There are some people selling used Bareknuckles locally (actually came across some on Craigslist earlier) so that's an option.

I've heard that BG and Motor City are good US boutique pickups to look at. What else should I look into here in the States?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
loads of options. I haven't tried any of them.

wcr, wolfetone, zhangbucker, high order, throbacks, harmonic design, lollar, etd. etc. not all of those will do high output pickups, but some will.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Recommended threads
Penance VA
COBHC728
Last post:
by fifer
Yyz
atomikpunk666
Last post:
by atomikpunk666