Jackson DKMGT or ESP MH-1000NT?

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-ESP-MH1000NT-LIST

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-With-EMGs?sku=520314

I like playing mostly metal like born of osiris and within the ruins..

i know they make both these guitars with floyd rose don't really want to have to deal with changing strings on a floyd rose since all i hear from everyone how annoying they are.

the real question is can i get a metal sound out of those seymour duncans on the esp.. lemme kno thanks
Yes you can get a metal sound out of the Duncans. Just like you can play other stuff than metal with the EMGs...
Better metal sound would probably be the Jackson with the EMG's.... but those Duncans probably sound great for everything else
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
I'm a Jackson guy, but out of those 2 I would get the LTD. Its neck through and has some great passive PU's in it.

Plus that green swirl is kind of fugly if you ask me.

I thing I didn't like about my old LTD was the volume knob placement. It was really close to the bridge PU and I turned the volume down accidentally casue my hand would just hit it as I was playing...but I do have fairly large hands.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by srob7001 at Jul 7, 2010,
In my opinion you want the MH-1000. I have both those guitars and the MH is better constructed and is much more versatile. And yes you can get metal from the Duncans, I use my MH during band practice through a Mesa.
ESP LTD for sure. And yes, u can get nice metal tones from the Seymour Duncans.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
What kind of amp do you have?
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DXMGT
Jackson Rhoads V
Jackson Stealth
Yahmaha El-Cheapo Acoustic

Randall G2
Randall Cyclone
Behringer 4x12 Cab

Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Fullbore Metal
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
ISP Decimator
I'd go the Jackson to be honest, nothing against the LTD, but with what you've described, I'd say the Jackson is a better fit
As someone who has been a dedicated ESP/LTD player for about 10 years and only recently bought his first Jackson, I say once you go Jackson, you'll never go back. Plus the green swirl finish is horny as fu*k. That's just me though, and to be honest either of those guitars is gonna be pretty awesome.
I'd say in a case like this the best thing you could possible do would be to head to a store and play them both. I'm a passive pickup man myself, but if I sat down and the Jackson blew me away, I'd be fine with EMGs.

Remember, PUPs can be changed easily. But how the guitar feels in your hands can't. Get out and play them and pick the one that you prefer. Don't worry about the pickups because 1) both pickup options are great and 2) if you needed to you could swap out the pickups for a set of your favs.
I'd go the LTD, it has the passives - imo they'll have a warmer tone, and be able to handle other music as well as metal.
Unless that's all you'll be playing on it... Then go the Jackson.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
JACKSON ALL THE WAY
much better quality and sound
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
Quote by Thrash_Head1990
JACKSON ALL THE WAY
much better quality and sound

your equipment :

Jackson: KVX10
Jackson: JS1

yeah,you're not biased..nope not at all

Did you even read the OP?DKMGT vs MH1000

the LTD is better in this case
You picked the wrong Jackson mate. The DKMGT is the one Jackson i'd never buy. Look at the SLS3. Should be in your budget, and it's a WAY better guitar. It even beats the LTD senseless.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Ok, so unless you want to replace the pickups. Don't get the Jackson with active pickups, they're going to do nothing for you. They're designed to drive tube amps harder and don't work at all, if any, on solid state amps. Just my 2 cents
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DXMGT
Jackson Rhoads V
Jackson Stealth
Yahmaha El-Cheapo Acoustic

Randall G2
Randall Cyclone
Behringer 4x12 Cab

Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Fullbore Metal
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
ISP Decimator
^^^ What he said.
Any kind of half decent active pickup will sound like crap though a solid state.
If you're going to be playing metal there are some pretty beefy passives out there that would suit much better.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
gotcha alright thanks for the input. im like positive im gonna get that esp.