Hi all,

I got my new Fender 70s Stratocaster (shipped out of Mexico) today.
While checking it out I've noticed, that the bridge-singlecoil-pickup (5th stage of the switch) doesn't work with either Tone-Knob 1 (upper one) or Tone-Knob 2 (lower one).

Is there something wrong with my guitar, or is this just the right thing?

Already checked the manual, but it's not mentioned there which tone-knob goes with which pickup.

Maybe you guys can clarify that.

Regards
this is normal.

the tone knob on the end of the pickguard works for the middle pickup, and the one between the first tone knob and the volume knob works for the neck pickup. That's the way it's always been on strats. no tone control for the bridge pickup.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 7, 2010,
I believe the first tone knob goes with the bridge pickup and the second goes for the middle and neck. It could be the other way around, it's been about a year since I sold my Strat. Just try swapping the pickup switch around and moving both knobs to see what happens. The Strat is extremely versatile in the tone you can get because of that.

Sorry I can't be of much more help.
Quote by Blompcube
this is normal.

the tone knob on the end of the pickguard works for the middle pickup, and the one between the first tone knob and the volume knob works for the neck pickup. That's the way it's always been on strats. no tone control for the bridge pickup.

Thanks dude.
That's appeasing me.
Gonna check out tomorrow if every pickup works with the correct toneknob.

Thanks aswell to all the others who (at least) tried to help.

See you next time.
Quote by Shadowhunter123
Hi all,

I got my new Fender 70s Stratocaster (shipped out of Mexico) today.
While checking it out I've noticed, that the bridge-singlecoil-pickup (5th stage of the switch) doesn't work with either Tone-Knob 1 (upper one) or Tone-Knob 2 (lower one).

Is there something wrong with my guitar, or is this just the right thing?

Already checked the manual, but it's not mentioned there which tone-knob goes with which pickup.

Maybe you guys can clarify that.

Regards

thats how all strats are. if you want you can solder the bridge pickup to one of the tone pots or make one a master tone. i have mine set up so that the middle is wide open and the bridge is connected to the last tone pot. i dont use the middle much and when i do i keep it on 10 anyway so i figured i just not connect it.