Yes
12 15%
No
40 51%
WTF IS THIS SHIT???
26 33%
Voters: 78.
Hypothetical:

You're walking in a supermarket with a cart full of groceries. Just as you are about to checkout, someone takes your shopping cart.

You don't own any of the items in the cart, so is this theft?

Poll coming.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
yes. the store owns them.

/thread
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Sorta. If they leave the shop with the goods, it's shop lifting, but it isn't really theft from who they took the cart from.
that just seems like pure idiocy. why anyone would want to do that is beyond me. but i suppose it isnt really theft, as you havent bought them, and you can always go round the shop again and pick up the same stuff, then buy it.

i would literally punch someone if this happened to me though, it'd be beyond annoying and pointless.
I doubt you could 'file a suit' against them but it's a real dick thing to do.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Nope, just a dick move
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

If you have the intention to permanently deprive the owner (the shop if the customer hasn't bought the items) of their goods, then yes, it is theft.
Quote by Putrefaction
Nope, just a dick move

^This. The prick deserves a beating for it, too.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Eddie4President
Not theft from you but from the store. Obviously??

But the person who stole your cart isn't leaving the store, he's just taking your cart and the shit in it.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by tancanada
But the person who stole your cart isn't leaving the store, he's just taking your cart and the shit in it.

If you'd had any nuts whatsoever you'd have kicked him in the face. Problem solved NO?
It's not a crime to do so, but it's a huge dick move, but it still wouldn't be considered theft.
DeVillains!
no, it's just a dick move. It's like some guy bid sniping on eBay. If he takes for it and buys it before you can, then it's just being an asshole, but in no way is it theft.
If I saw it happen I would not even be mad. I would just be like "what the fock just happened."

Theft? No. A little quirky? Heck yes.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
no, it's just a dick move. It's like some guy bid sniping on eBay. If he takes for it and buys it before you can, then it's just being an asshole, but in no way is it theft.

It's worse than that because bidding on ebay takes a second, shopping means negotiating a stupid wobbly cart around all the old biddies and people who just fucking stop in the middle of the aisle and just STAND THERE... to do a proper weekly shop it probably takes me about half an hour. If someone nicked my cart and meant I had to start again I would be so frustrated.

It's like someone kicking down the house of cards you just spent ages making. Nothing's being stolen it's just a frustrating waste of time.
Heh I did this once, except I just moved the cart all the way to the other side of the store
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
It's theft of the shopper's time that they spent picking out the exact products they wanted to buy.
its not illegal but you could prolly get them kicked out of the store.

Not a crime, but a definite DICK MOVE
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12