Hey guys, just bought a brand new Alvarez classical last night and just love the dark, round sound I get out of it.

I'm big into indie music and wanted a nylon string over a steel string because I like the sound better and it I'm taking classical lessons at school and figured I should have my own.

My question is: Is it OK to put my classical into alternate tunings? (DADF#AD... other open tunings)
I'm just concerned because after a night of learning Bon Iver tunes (every song is a different open tuning) the nut seems to be a little worn already. Is this something I missed when looking at the guitar originally or is it from the strings grinding down the plastic when I tune the strings down or up?
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
it should be fine, i've seen a few songs for nylon strings in DADGAD and in DADF#BE, or whatever you want to use. if it goes ridiculously low though, you might want to put a higher tension string on, to compensate.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that is fine. There are many classical songs that involve detuning. Like Stud_Muffin suggests, consider getting high tension strings if they sound too loose and wobbly when detuned.
Ok good! I was just worried at the wear on the nut.. I guess I'm just paranoid about my new instrument.
And yeah one of the songs had me tune the low E down to C and it sounded great with almost no buzz so I think the factory strings on there are alright!
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol