Im currently looking to upgrade my home recording equipment and am wondering which USB interface to buy. I have a Dell desktop computer with Windows XP. I have Home Studio 4 software already but wouldnt mind using another software since Im not thrilled with HS4. The two interfaces I am considering now are the Lexicon Omega and the Fast Track Pro. This is the price range that I am willing to pay for a USB interface. Which of these should I choose and if neither what other USB interface should I consider? Thanks
"I used to have a drug problem, but now I make enough money so that it's not a problem anymore." -David Lee Roth
Or would the US-122MKII be a better option?
"I used to have a drug problem, but now I make enough money so that it's not a problem anymore." -David Lee Roth
ill agree with moody here, i am a fan of m-audio stuff as well. i was looking into the omega, and a sales guy i was talking to recomended against it. said you end up paying a good deal for the (admittedly nice) lexicon reverb plugins, but they skimp a bit on the hardware quality. didnt really mess with it enough myself to get a full on read about the quality, but that did make sense. m-audio stuff is solidly built and i always thought my old fast track sounded good.

also concur with reaper as a DAW.
Ok cool thanks guys. How good is the quality of the Fast Track compared to recording using the computer's sound card?