This is the first song where I've written everything, also my first recorded song. I used Beatcraft for the drums, Line6 Toneport for guitars and bass, and ESP EC300 and a Spector Legend 4 string. Adobe Audition as the DAW. There are no vocals as I havent finished writing the lyrics, but the vocal style will be in the vein of Bloodbath, Amon Amarth etc.

Lay on the criticisms, both on the recording/mixing as well as the songwriting. Keep in mind that I am by no means trying to be the fastest, most "brutal" or most technical guy out there. Just trying to write solid, memorable metal.

Go to my profile for the mp3.
Last edited by ATSbass at Jul 7, 2010,
I... don't see a link to a song anywhere.... There is also no music in your profile. I'd love to hear it, if I could find it!
Check my profile for the mp3. I kept having errors when trying to post as an attachment in the thread.
So, it sounds pretty nice. The playing is great, the song sounds good, and I only have a couple of nitpick points. It seems that the main riff that you play in the lower registers seem to be really quiet, whereas the higher pitched stuff stood out. I dunno if that's a problem with the way you eq'd your guitars, the way you recorded them or what. Also, it seems the drums are a bit forward in the mix, which is fancy way of saying "they need to be a tad quieter and the guitars a bit louder." Other than that, you have good tone and if I could hear the lower-pitched riffs at the same volume as the higher-pitched ones, then the song would be darn near perfect.