So what is the best metal amp that I can get for like $250?
Also, can someone recommend me a tuner? Mine is pretty bad. For example, when I tune to drop B, the tuner shows that its in tune, when it is actually very sharp.
Regarding the tuner, try some of Cherry`s vibration sesitive models. For 250$ you can`t get a good amp, but I can`t give you a good reply on that one cuz I`m an amp noob.
Peavey Vypyrs are pretty popular around here, some of the lower wattage models should be in your price range. Maybe have a look for a used Roland Cube 20 or 30.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Korg makes nice Tuners but get the black one it does every note possible. For the amp I would say peavey valveking cuz I love mine probably a royal 8 or a peavey vypyr they sound really nice and you can do a he'll of a lot more tones than just metal

EDIT: a line 6 flextone II is great also but Try out the spider from line 6 some people like it but I don't
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Last edited by ishmonkey at Jul 7, 2010,
If I were you I'd check around in some second hand shops.. I picked up an Ibanez cab and a Hiwatt maxwatt head for around £300 and they're doing me very well for metal
peavey vypyr. good amp AND has a decent tuner built in!
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm
Line-6 makes some good amps. I have a 70W spider 3 and i love it. It was like $300 new so you can find it for $250. It has a built-in tuner that works well.
and harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene
Peavey Vypyr series
Line 6 Spider series

If you're patient, you could possibly find a used Peavey Valveking or Carvin MTS for sale. (Both of these are tube amps).

It also depends how good you want to sound.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
vypyr or cube 30 potentially. Personally, I would stay away from line6 spider.
Guitars
Amps
I have a line 6 spider III, its only 30w, but the metal and insane effects are great, though I dont use em often
Fender Std. Strat MIM (sexy)
Shitty Epi LP
Line 6 Spider III 30w
Quote by b0rderh0pper
I have a line 6 spider III, its only 30w, but the metal and insane effects are great, though I dont use em often

I also own a spider.

The metal and insane effects are NOT great. You will realise this some day. To my ears it sounds sterile and digital as hell. It also sounds like utter crap the louder it goes too. This is not something I would recommend to anyone.

If I were you TS I'd go with a used peavey vyper or roland cube.

Regarding tuners, the korg pitchblack I'v heard very good things about.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Check out used Randall amps on ebay. I got an RG75 in great condition and shipped for only $250 total and it does metal great.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
TC Polytune is the only tuner I'd ever spend money on.

As for a metal amp, you might find an older SS amp for pretty cheap, just check your classifieds. A tube amp would definitely be nicer but sometimes SS will give you the br00tz much cheaper and easier...
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 7, 2010,
I would recpmmend the Peavy vypyr the Krankenstein, JSX and Rectifier models are good for metal, how over the tuner is not very good, most chromatic tuners from a recognisable brand, e.g. Korg, Stagg, Boss will be fine and keep you in tune
More than one person has recommended a Spider and they haven't been flamed out of existence? I am disappointed, shall I throw some petrol on the target?

Better not let the Americans know I vomit petrol or they'll invade my arse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification