I'm looking for an amp to use with an Hermida Zendrive to get me the classic dumble overdrive tone. (Similar to john mayer's tone) I play a strat. I was looking at the Rivera clubster 45, but it's ridiculously priced and I just cant afford it. Does any one know of an amp under 1000 that could get the job done? I'm looking for something preferably above 40 watts, but I also need something fairly portable. Thanks
Only a Dumble can get you a Dumble sound. That's why they're called Dumbles and made by Dumble. If they weren't, people wouldn't want them as much as they do.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro
Only a Dumble can get you a Dumble sound. That's why they're called Dumbles and made by Dumble. If they weren't, people wouldn't want them as much as they do.

Thank you wise ass
Sorry I was just reading the whole AM vs. other guy argument on the retarded advice thread and it got me pissed off at stupid people. I guess I was being a bit of an asshole.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro

Don't be dumble.

What about some of the newer lower priced Riveras? I forgot their name.
+1

Im looking for an amp(Similar to john mayer's tone)

Don't try to sound like other people get your own tone
Quote by BrianPotter
Don't try to sound like other people get your own tone

Why not? If that's what he want?

The Zendrive will get the drive part covered. I advise a american voiced tube amp, maybe a Fender Twin or Bassman
budget? that's important. there are a ton of d-clones at a lot of price points.
give me a budget and i'll find you an amp.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
budget? that's important. there are a ton of d-clones at a lot of price points.
give me a budget and i'll find you an amp.

It says it up there ^ but $1000 is the limit
If you're looking for dumble sound, I hear that using a fender amp (i.e bassman/deluxe reverb) and using a dumble like od pedal can get you close.

I hear that tanabe dumko pedal is pretty much the zendrive with a bit better clarity. Anyway, I'm not sure how much is true, its just what I've heard.

Also, if you're are looking for john mayer tones, this might help: http://www.uberproaudio.com/content/view/146/38/
http://vvtamps.com/music.htm

huzzah.

ya i'm that good.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by lkngro

That's as stupid as saying only a Marshall can get a Marshall sound. There is nothing 'magic' about the Dumble, as much as TGP would like you to believe. Granted, an exact tone would be hard to get with a pedal but there are plenty of amps that nail that sound.

TS, as far as pairing something with the Zendrive, guys like Robben Ford who actually own Dumbles like to pair them with Super Reverbs and 80s Twins. I used to use mine with a DeVille and it was close enough for live use.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by lkngro

A Dumble ODS is a modified Fender Twin so a Fender Twin and a good overdrive will at least get him the ballpark.
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya i'm that good.

We have a winner.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2