Hello all! I just acquired this little beauty last night and I wanted to show her off!
It's a Fender Vintage '62 Hot Rod Reissue, with a custom Daphne blue paint job and tortoise shell pickguard. A good friend of mine did the paint job, and I must say it turned out really nice!

A shot of the guitar during the early painting stages:

Another:

The finished product:

She plays as good as she looks too! We put a nitrocellulose finish on it that is pretty thin, so the tone of the wood comes through and it will relic relatively quickly. I love the look of an aged strat, so in a few years it should look pretty neat.

As far as tone goes, it is one of the best sounding strats I've played. The pickups have a good bit of punch without being harsh, and it has quite a bit of quack when you are in positions 2 and 4, which i like.
(my guitar lingo kinda sucks...please excuse me for that )
Enjoy!
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Last edited by slash4114 at Jul 8, 2010,
This guitar is sexy. I am incredibly jealous.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
This is one good looking strat !

Congrats.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Looks pretty good have fun with it.
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
looks great! that color combo is just begging to play some weezer
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Address please? I will be stealing that
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
mmmmmmm Love that color.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Very nice!

HNGD!
Call me old fashioned but I prefer 'rock music' that has electric guitars.
Quote by utmbarto
Address please? I will be stealing that

Thanks for all the complements, guys.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by daverichards
this is the only strat i like the look of!

Yay, I feel special now

It reminds me of the beach...anyone else find it beachy lol?
Quote by musicjunkie207

Quote by cranium2001
Well done.

Yeah my buddy did a great job with the painting and sanding. It's very smooth and doesn't have any runs. I bought the paint off of www.reranch.com . They have just about any fender color that you could want, and it's pretty good paint.
Quote by musicjunkie207

what guitar is that pic guard from? the holes are in the wrong spot for a '62.

that color is beachy, nice strat for sure.
Kickass Strat. I really like nitro finishes when they wear down. Mine's polyester, pretty much bulletproof...
Quote by gregs1020
what guitar is that pic guard from? the holes are in the wrong spot for a '62.

that color is beachy, nice strat for sure.

I bought the pickguard from a local store around where I live; the guard it came with was mint green.
Quote by musicjunkie207

Quote by slash4114
I bought the pickguard from a local store around where I live; the guard it came with was mint green.

it looks great. i have a seafoam green '62 ri.
that's a great guitar.
Quote by gregs1020
it looks great. i have a seafoam green '62 ri.
that's a great guitar.

Yeah it is a great guitar. I'd say it's one of the best that Fender makes besides the custom shop models
Quote by musicjunkie207

Quote by spectorlegend
Looks like sex

Yeah I'd say you just summed it up with that statement lol
Quote by musicjunkie207