So basically. I've a two-man instrumental duo here, we both play guitars I'm the lead guy, we use backing track for other instruments. I'm pretty sure our music doesn't suck that bad not to be played live ( http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeletros . Basically we had first gig at school, in which I'm still gonna study for 1 year. We gonna take part in a free music festival with lots of people attending, next school year we are even gonna get payed for playing gigs in school, but that's still "in the box" type of thing and I wanna get out of it and play real gigs. How do I do that? I'm pretty sure that I don't just go out asking "if I play here, will you pay me" or something. Good thing about this project of mine=band is that we don't use lots of equipment and are very versatile, I mean if we were to play a gig in 1h and we just found out about it we'd still be early there for the soundcheck. What I'm trying to say is, I need to find a chance to go out of the box.

You would also do me a great favor if you checked my youtube channel and said whether such music is appropriate for going live.
Last edited by Zeletros at Jul 7, 2010,
yo link no work
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Just go out to a few bars and ask if you can play some night. It's how my best friend's band got a name in their city, and now the country that I live. They've been playing for 4 months and they're already getting paid playing gigs.
Quote by Sean-Man
yo link no work

Had a ) there, now it does

Which kind of bars? You mean rock cafes or something?
Get some demos together, pass them around venues that you'd like to play at. You'll have to keep an open mind when it comes to venues, because instrumental music is not really in demand when compared to music with vocals.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud