i just got a macbook pro yesterday. its amazing! on my old windows pc, i used Adobe Audition 3 to record with a USB mic. does anyone know of any good recording software for mac that i can use my USB mic with? thanks!

btw, i already know about ****in Audacity, so please dont respond with that.
Does it need to be free? I've heard good things about Logic. Not sure if Reaper works on Macs, but that's what I use on my PC and it's good.

Oh and nice avatar.
I heard that audacity is really good.

Just kidding! Logic is the best i've heard! maybe Ableton, i use ableton!
dont macbooks come with garage band?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by rushpython
dont macbooks come with garage band?

This if you want something to start with
Quote by sambot12
Does it need to be free? I've heard good things about Logic. Not sure if Reaper works on Macs, but that's what I use on my PC and it's good.

Oh and nice avatar.

ive never heard of logic but ill look into it. i've heard about reaper too.

thanks you can steal my avatar if you like haha
Garage band is actually quite amazing for being free. comes loaded with sounds and effects and all that.

for more control and to really pair well with your new mac, Logic is killer.
Logic seems to be the way to go, although in al honestly I never really liked it. I am a minority in that opinion though.

Cubase/Cubase Lite is my preference. Powerful, and incredibly easy to learn without needing to read through hundreds of pages of instructions.
I use Logic 9, it's powerful enough and has enough features to do anything you'll ever need! It's got a traditional DAW layout too so there's not a huge learning curve.
Garageband is a very overlooked DAW, its very simple and easy to use with great results but the limitations are very restraining, I'd recommend Logic Express, Garageband is a slimmed down version of Logic so all the software instruments and AU are in Logic aswell and all your garageband files can be opened in Logic too