ill post the youtube video, the bassist is in the middle and most of the spotlight is on him. now he has 2 different basses, one is his mike's bass i know its the one that sortove looks like a fender. i need the bass in the first few seconds i dentified, watch the whole video there are a few times it shows up, the black one with the gibson-looking headstock.
this is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOPBqfE_v6I

the bass im looking to have identified can be seen in
0:00 - 0:07
0:27 - 0:31
0:53 - 0:58
1:39 - 1:44
just to be clear one last time i need the BLACK BASS identified, not the white one with stickers. thanks in advance.
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.
By looking at the head of the bass, to me it looks like a Warwick - either a Corvette, Streamer or Thumb Bolt on .... or whatever its called, i couldnt really get a good look it though.
Don't know much about the band and the actual body is kinda hard to see but the headstock has the Warwick style slanted tuners but the headstock I'm pretty sure isn't a 'Wick

Just a google search and seems he tends to use Danelectro basses so a quick browse through there product archive and you may find it
Quote by thunderbritches
Don't know much about the band and the actual body is kinda hard to see but the headstock has the Warwick style slanted tuners but the headstock I'm pretty sure isn't a 'Wick

Just a google search and seems he tends to use Danelectro basses so a quick browse through there product archive and you may find it

he only started using dano's lateley because of his back problems, there hollow basses and he's like 40 years old. he didnt get his first dano untill like 2006, this video is from 93/
thanks anyway
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.
I'm thinking it's a Warwick single$ Streamer. http://cgi.ebay.com/Warwick-STREAMER-BASS-GUITAR-GERMAN-SWEET-SPOT-P-U-/320557172036?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa2b24544

Back then he used P basses (Fender and G&L), so a single$ Streamer would make tonal sense... I really can't get a good look at the video, so i may be way off... the Thumb theory is pretty sound though, as well.
Haha, I was watching this video a few days ago and wondering the exact same thing. I would also say it's a warwick judging by the distincive tuning pegs and the general body/head shape. Could be some obscure rare bass for all I know though...
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212