I was playing my electric guitar and the Low E strings snapped . I didn't want to have to go to the store and buy new strings yet, and then i remembered i had a spare bass G string that had had the top mutilated and wouldn't reach my basses tuning peg. so i chopped off the top and put it on the guitar. It worked kinda, and made me lol. but then i realized that it might not be good for the guitar.

So here is what i'm worried about. The string is far to fat to fit in the groove made for the Low E on the nut. I'm afraid the fatter string might wear down the groove and make it to big for a normal E string to fit snugly.

I'm not planing on doing this long term, I just want to leave it on long enough to show my friends and get some lol's
Last edited by Uber Man at Jul 7, 2010,
I'm not too sure how this is bad. But it's probably not good. If you really want to show them I'd take a picture and show them that and take off the string. But do whatever you want.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I'm sure short term it's fine. Like eutrophication.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Its probobly not to good for the neck because of the difference in tension and what not.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.