What questions do u ask about it? Ive never baught a used guitar. Its a MIA strat he gave me a serial #. Its a maple fret board ive played a rosewood for 2 years. WIll it be a lot diff? BTW i play hss MIM strat
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at Jul 7, 2010,
Are there any known defects on the guitar?

Are all the electronics operative?

Do any of the frets buzz?

Does the guitar have any intonation problems?

Make sure to ask for tons of pics as well.
1999 Corona Standard Strat in Olympic White with maple neck. whats the coronaa standard strat mean. Is that cheap american version

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
onl;y pic that scares me is this. Rust ??? why would a guitar have rust on it? i cant oput a pic on here cause its pissing me off all the rules . ILl try a diff site

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by silly6-string
onl;y pic that scares me is this. Rust ??? why would a guitar have rust on it? i cant oput a pic on here cause its pissing me off all the rules . ILl try a diff site

k this is a pic of bridge.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4074/im

Because metal sometimes rusts. This will happen if you live near the ocean.
Quote by silly6-string
hmm so is this worth it to bu this he wants 600 or less

I honestly don't know anything about Strat prices.

I'm sure Fender must have a forum of their own. Maybe go over there and see what they think of it?
Quote by silly6-string
1999 Corona Standard Strat in Olympic White with maple neck. whats the coronaa standard strat mean. Is that cheap american version

Probably just an American Standard. Corona, California is where they make em.
Quote by silly6-string
What questions do u ask about it? Ive never baught a used guitar. Its a MIA strat he gave me a serial #. Its a maple fret board ive played a rosewood for 2 years. WIll it be a lot diff? BTW i play hss MIM strat

When I am in these situations, I sometimes feel more confident buying something new from a real store. If you are unsure what to ask, you are most likely unsure what to look for, so you could get taken. A store at least usually has prices consistent with the market, plus you'll get some warranty and support. Plus you have the knowledge and bragging rights that you have something brand new.

You can get a lower price buying used, but you are taking a risk if you aren't experienced enough to be in that market.

Just a suggestion....
Quote by silly6-string
i think ur right. This suckssssssss. H ewon send more pics and he claims its not rust

That's full of rust, dude. He's lieing. Leave this one alone.
For 600 or less that's a great deal.

A little bit of rust on the bridge isn't a huge concern at all, it can be scrubbed right out with brillo - but it does raise questions of the neck - is it perfectly strait? Make sure you check that.

If it's authentic, mostly original, good neck, and under $600, you'd be dumb not to buy it!

<3 my usa strat

Edit: The neck wood doesn't make all that much different in feel, but a slight difference in tone. My mexican that I had for years was maple, then I went rosewood when I got my USA, and it feels the same.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Last edited by guitar nubsauce at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by guitar nubsauce

A little bit of rust on the bridge isn't a huge concern at all, it can be scrubbed right out with brillo - but it does raise questions of the neck - is it perfectly strait? Make sure you check that.

True, but the seller is telling him it is not rust. Makes me not trust him. I see what could be chipping around the stud's, too. This might not be the original bridge even.

And, American Strats don't generally lose much value unless something is wrong with them. I dunno, each to his own, but this all smells fishy to me.