Poll: Are your parents divorced?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are your parents divorced?
Yes
94 38%
No
152 62%
Voters: 246.
Page 1 of 2
Are your parents divorced? Who do you live with? Would you prefer to live with the other parent? Does it bother you that your parents are divorced? If your parents aren't divorced, and then they did, you do you think it'd affect you?

My parents are. I live with my Step Dad and my Mum. I'm happy with that. I went 7 years without a single word from my Dad. Not sure why. Anyway, I turned 17 last year and decided that I'm old enough to take charge of my life and I wanted to see my Dad again. I'm glad I did. He's a great person and so similar to me. We spent 7 years without contact but we're so alike, the way we walk, how we sit, looks, how we talk and our music taste. I'm not bothered that my parents are divorced. I can't remember how much it affected me cuz it happened when I was little, I don't think it affected me that bad.
yeah
havent seen him in a wile
hes "tried" to get in touch, wants me to ring him apparently
i couldnt be fuuuuuucked really
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
I didn't meet my biological father for 20 years, and he's a great guy.

My step dad (who is now also divorced from my mom) was an awesome father for me, and I was really lucky to have both of these men in my life.

Anyways, the divorce wasn't nearly as bad as the years of fighting that led up to it. I don't think a divorce is that hard to cope with (though it was alot harder on my siblings)
Divorced when I was 6, just before Christmas
I didn't give a fuck, as far as I remember; and I live with my stepdad and mam, and I don't get on particularly well with my dad, probably because we're similar, but that just means we both suck and are pretty shit people.
My parents aren't divorced, and I doubt they ever will. But on the off chance that it does happen, I'd be devastated. Especially right now, after I've really gotten to know them. I think if they divorced when I was younger it wouldn't be a big deal, but if they did now... that'd suck and blow at the same time.
My parents were never married. I've never met my dad or any of his family, and i live with my mum, step-dad and half brother. I don't really like my step-dad, and i'd secretly be pleased if they divorced.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Nah, my dad is widowed though. My mum died when I was 7.

He's remarrying soon, to a proper skankbag with 3 kids. I don't like her, I don't live at home so she has no clue who I am as a person but she saw me with my brother and completely ignored me, and she knows what I look like.

Fucking ho.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Mine divorced when I was 16, didn't affect me too much. It was better than the passive aggressiveness and fighting. It was better for both of my parents. I lived with my mom for a while and then with my dad and it was way better with him. No hard feelings against either, my dad and I are just more alike and we got along better.
My parents divorced when I was pretty young. I lived with my mother. I had no contact with my dad until recently.
Yeah, they're divorced.

I live with my dad, though I see my mum often. Anyway, off to uni in September, so I won't have to put up with shit any more.
My parents aren't but to be honest I'm surprised they haven't. They argue over the dumbest shit and my dad doesn't put any effort into their marriage from what I've observed. My mom says in the (20 years?) of marriage he has never once apologized to her. Also they have never dated anybody else before hand so my mom was my dad's first girlfriend and my dad was my mom's first boyfriend. Like how does that work? I don't think it would effect me that much. I don't think me or any of my brothers are close to them. There is no bonding really, its kinda sad
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Last edited by ricanboyguitar at Jul 7, 2010,
My parents are divorced. They split when I was 3. My mom has been twice. I split time 50/50 with them. Things were pretty shaky early on in my life, but its all good now.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Quote by leg end
I'm not bothered that my parents are divorced. I can't remember how much it affected me cuz it happened when I was little, I don't think it affected me that bad.

Err, just look at that quote in your sig...

MATTERHORN
Where's the option for never married?
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Are your parents divorced?
Basically. They've been separated for over a year, and it's clear that they're not gonna get back together.

Who do you live with?
My dad.

Would you prefer to live with the other parent?
Hell no.

Does it bother you that your parents are divorced?
Yes, but that might be because this whole thing has been dragged out for so long.
Even though it wasn't a divorce my father dropped out of the picture before I was born.
I was thinking a while back about maybe trying to contact him, but then I decided that he didn't want me then, so I'll be damned if he's gonna be in my life now.
As far as I'm concerned if he was on fire on the other side of the street I wouldn't piss on him to put it out.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Yeah. I live on my own and when i'm back visiting I visit both.

When i lived with them whilst they were separated i would spend half the week and one and half at t'other.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
My parents never married, they split up when I was three or four. I used to see my dad a lot til i moved up north with my mum and step dad. It never really affected me, I can barely remember living with my dad anyway.
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Yes they are. But I live with my mom when I'm not in school because my dad died just before I graduated high school three years ago. I used to live with him before he passed. If he were still alive, I think I would live with him instead of my mom.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

They are divorced, I don't live with either, I live alone.

I did live with my mum after the divorce though, and I flew over to stay with my dad during school holidays.
My dad's been addicted to pronz since before I was born, my mom's threatended divorce on him cuz he would spend (/spends) hundreds of euros/dollars per month on it. But he also makes/made a lot of money, and is/was really generous (I'm switching between the two because I no longer live with them). He unquestionally got us everything we wanted if he thought we deserved it, I got my first gear because he understood my talent at music. He worked/works hard too, from 9:00 till roughly 11:00 at night every week, during the summer too.

Quote by Andrewjp123
Hmm, i've told the pit more about my situation more than my friends. Is that bad?

No. Same here.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jul 7, 2010,
never married but left each other when i was a kid. there is one great thing... TWO BIRTHDAYS!!!! AND TWO CHRISTMAS's
Ibanez rg770
Washburn x50proq
Ibanez rg7621
peavey 6505 plus combo
Boss Ge 7
vox satchurator
Cae mc404 wah
my parents are going through a divorce. My mom lives at my aunt's, and she wants me to meet her new boyfriend. I just can't. I'm pretty sure my dad is getting a girlfriend too. This sucks .

Hmm, i've told the pit more about my situation more than my friends. Is that bad?
Nah, they're divorced. Kinda sucks, because everything's been going downhill with my family since.

Quote by andrewjp123
my parents are going through a divorce. My mom lives at my aunt's, and she wants me to meet her new boyfriend. I just can't. I'm pretty sure my dad is getting a girlfriend too. This sucks .

Yeah, probably, but you're just like me. >.>

There's only one of my friends I actually tell stuff to. And he's going to college, so he's not going to be around much longer.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jul 7, 2010,
They aren't but they should be to be honest. My mum doesn't even love him anymore and hasn't for years. He never put any effort into the marriage, and didn't do that great a job at raising me.

It sems like he only just started paying attention to me as a person in my own right not just some entiety that exists somewhere in the house. Now that he has only just started to pay any attention to me I just feel like it is way too late for him to be doing so as I have already grown up.

My mum even has a person she as been seeing for at least 3 years now, and me knowing this and knowing that my dad doesn't makes being at home so much fun (/sarcasm)!

So yeah, I guess it does bother me and would if they did split properly
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Last edited by Vendetta16 at Jul 7, 2010,
Oh also. No it didn't bother me that they got divorced, it was good for them and us. it is a pain having to pay for the bus to two different houses when i'm visiting though, lol.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
no, but my mum's my dad's second wife, and the fourth woman he's had kids with.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
mines split when I was about 17, a week after my pops kicked me out.

If I wasn't so pissed at both of them, I might've moved back home. I did move in with my mom @ 23, but only because she lost her job and needed me to help with rent, which I was glad to do (fast food was getting OLD).

Honestly, I liked being out on my own, as hard as it was. I couch surfed for about 3 years from LA to SF, it was rough, but I learned soo much cool shit

You have to take the joy out of life where you can. I never went to college, but I learned a lot from life. One love!
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Last edited by gizmodious at Jul 7, 2010,
Divorced. Doesn't bother me at all, i don't know many people with both parents.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I'm surprised at the poll results to be honest. They're the opposite of what I thought they'd be.
Last edited by leg end at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by leg end
I'm surprised at the poll results to be honest. They're the opposite of what I thought they'd be to be honest.

I'm glad your being honest.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by 0RI0N

It's not your, it's y- Actually, f.uck it.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by 0RI0N

Haha, I didn't realise I put that twice to be honest...
Nope. My mom died last year. Cheated some law firm out of thousands with that act I'm sure.
My parents were quite devoted to each other. My dad is still lost.

I'll never divorce my wife either. If it ever gets to that point it will be much more fun to stick around and be a pain in her ass.
Hey fair is fair.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Are your parents divorced? Who do you live with? Would you prefer to live with the other parent? Does it bother you that your parents are divorced? If your parents aren't divorced, and then they did, you do you think it'd affect you?

Yah.

Mum.

Just taking the parent into account, as much as it makes me feel guilty, probably. My parents sort of separated when we moved to France, my Dad stayed to bring up the rearguard, then started coming over every few weekends. He then rented a flat, bit poky, where we spent about half the time. Then, he rented a flat much closer to us, literally two minutes away, and I moved in with him. I still spent lunchtimes and most afternoons at Mum's, and whenever Dad went back to London on a business trip, we'd usually sleep at Mum's, etc.

He moved back two years ago, and I moved back in. In hindsight, I think I was happier at Dad's, we get on far better - we actually talk, for one thing. Me and my Mum have had our rough periods - it's pretty alright now, but still not much of a relationship.

It bothers me most when Dad goes away again. Aside from that, you get used to it. I think it was hardest on my sister. I was about 12, she was 6, and when Dad moved back to England, she must have been about eight or nine - much harder at that age. But our parents are fairly cordial - he actually stays in my room when he comes to visit, which makes it easier.

Page 1 of 2