I'm about to order a 360 on the internet and i can't decide which game i'd rather get... Skate 2 or GTA 4. I've never played skate, but i love the idea of it and I've played GTA, but i was only amused for about an hour. Maybe if i play it longer I'll start liking it more? Opinions anyone?
RIP Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan
Skate 2
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Skate 2, if you didnt like GTA after an hour, theres really no reason to but it.
IMO, GTA got boring after Vice City
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Mass Effect 2
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
If you stick with the plot of gta, and pay attention, you'll probably be more interested. Gta IV is pretty good.
I think theres a demo of skate 1 or 2 (maybe both), give it a try.
Quote by Jon777
Get GTA. Skate 2 is a great game, but it gets old really fast.

wha the funk you talkin' 'bout, foo'?

As a skater, I can say truthfully I have played skate for hours on end, many times. Doesn't really get old. As for Gta, I got bored of shooting people after about an hour or 2.
Quote by SlayingDragons
wha the funk you talkin' 'bout, foo'?

As a skater, I can say truthfully I have played skate for hours on end, many times. Doesn't really get old. As for Gta, I got bored of shooting people after about an hour or 2.

Well then...

Behold, TS, a revelation: I guess it really depends on what kind of person you are. If you're a sicko like me, stealing cars and murdering hookers never gets old.
If you're a sicko like me, stealing cars and murdering hookers never gets old.

Gonna go ahead and throw my hat in that ring
I love skate 2. I could play that game for hours if no one would stop me. dont much care for GTA
GTA4 gets boring because there's only like 10 cheat codes (unlike san andreas that has like 100)
seriously the cheat codes really made San Andreas excellent. nothing like touching a guy on a bicycle and watching him float away or blow up on contact. I just hate the retarded controls in gta games. it should laid out like a third person shooter with no retarded cover system.
Honk
I have (and lost) Skate, and have the demo for Skate 3, and they both got boring after an hour or so whereas I can play GTA IV for 3-5 hours straight and not get bored, so I'd say GTA.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Uh, GTA4 gets old very fast.

I'd even go as far to say that GTA4 is god awful.

Just get Red Dead Redemption.

And seriously, GTA4 is shit compared to San Andreas.

+1
And IMO the original Skate is better than Skate 2
I say **** them both and get either Fallout 3 or Bioshock. I think they come in a package together for like only 30 bucks nor or something like that.
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high