Page 1 of 2
Chappers! What if you don't like the finished product, can you refund the deposits?
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Hey monkey king. You rock \m/

Make a Les paul with a good hard rock sound to it. I'll try to get the money to buy it.
Quote by Chikao42
Chappers! What if you don't like the finished product, can you refund the deposits?

I wasn't actually expecting to be taking deposits yet, but had a rush and loads of mail asking to pay now... crazy.

Ummm no sorry the deposits are non refundable, my advice is wait until you see it - Unless you just can't wait..

Me
Quote by BBB Banana
Hey monkey king. You rock \m/

Make a Les paul with a good hard rock sound to it. I'll try to get the money to buy it.

Trust me - This will be a shred machine! I have already decided it must have an ebony fretboard and a modern C neck with jumbo frets ;-)
Just throwing this out there, but maybe you can make some of these available with no finish allowing the new lucky owner to finish it with whatever color?
Quote by nickdohle
Just throwing this out there, but maybe you can make some of these available with no finish allowing the new lucky owner to finish it with whatever color?

You know what mate... that actually is a really bloody good idea! Wax finishes are great on mahogany, maybe I could supply three colours of wax and let people choose..

Hmmm interesting!
Quote by Robchappers
First guitars!???! WTFBBQ?? Dude I would be honoured to commence your journey of rock ;-)

well it sounds awesome(made of win and stuff ) but buying a first guitar without trying it.... :@
ill think about it but now its 3 a.m and im going to sleep
Quote by Robchappers
You know what mate... that actually is a really bloody good idea! Wax finishes are great on mahogany, maybe I could supply three colours of wax and let people choose..

Hmmm interesting!

Rob Chappers likes my idea?! I have now lived.
Quote by nickdohle

I don't think most guitarists own the materials and tools to do so and/or want to be bothered with doing so.

Anyway, I look forward to this, as the Gibson Les Paul I'm looking at may end up out of my pricerange. How much will they be in USD?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Hmmm, what pups will it have? I think it should be a nice fixed bridge (or pre-blocked trem), 25.5" scale, don't care if it's 22 or 24 fret, alder body to contrast the dark ML1, perhaps something interesting like an H-S pup config. In fact, if you made it to the exact dimensions to throw a sustainer kit in without extra routing (bar drilling holes for the switches) that would be epic....
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by necrosis1193
I don't think most guitarists own the materials and tools to do so and/or want to be bothered with doing so.

Anyway, I look forward to this, as the Gibson Les Paul I'm looking at may end up out of my pricerange. How much will they be in USD?

I thought of that, which would make sense. But as long as just a few are made that way, and you can choose if you wanted it finished or not, it would be fine.
Quote by necrosis1193

They will be $530 for you USA dudes ;-)
Quote by nickdohle
I thought of that, which would make sense. But as long as just a few are made that way, and you can choose if you wanted it finished or not, it would be fine.

Fair enough, if you can choose whether or not to have it finished beforehand I suppose it shouldn't be an issue.

Quote by Robchappers
They will be $530 for you USA dudes ;-)

Excellent, that is very much within my pricerange. I look forward to watching this continue. Let's see some nice DiMarzios wired up with a killpot and some coil-splitters!

Quote by Hidden Hippo
Hmmm, what pups will it have? I think it should be a nice fixed bridge (or pre-blocked trem), 25.5" scale, don't care if it's 22 or 24 fret, alder body to contrast the dark ML1, perhaps something interesting like an H-S pup config. In fact, if you made it to the exact dimensions to throw a sustainer kit in without extra routing (bar drilling holes for the switches) that would be epic....

Well I was going to keep this secret - But actually you will be able to upgrade it from it's stock pups to EMG, Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan with all the wiring done for you at no extra cost in the UK by Andertons techs ;-)

The Black canvas concept was important to me so I think this is a great plus to the ML2.
I'd like to see a finish similar to the Schecter C-1 Classics, you know the trans-finishes? That'd be so freakin' sweet!

Also, it needs to be 2 humbuckers with either a 5-way switch or 2 independent volume + coil taps.
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
Quote by Robchappers
Well I was going to keep this secret - But actually you will be able to upgrade it from it's stock pups to EMG, Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan with all the wiring done for you at no extra cost in the UK by Andertons techs ;-)

The Black canvas concept was important to me so I think this is a great plus to the ML2.

Chappers, you need to be a bit more careful with how you phrase your sayings, coz I read that as being able to choose your own pickups and have them wired for free xD
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz

Quote by ilikepirates
Quote by Robchappers

Mr. Monkeyman, I do believe these guitars shall raise hell when they hit the US shores considering Gibson's out-of-action for a few months due to the Nashville floods and this could well be the best thing to happen to a LP since 1959. As for the finishes, let's see some for everyone, trans red and purple finishes for the more modern players, goldtops and tobacco sunburst for retro guitarists, and solid black for everyone!

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by Robchappers

The same as they're doing with the ML1? If Andertons sold a sustainer I would be all over it like a fat kid with a cookie (in fact, I'm visiting on Friday lol).
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
I definitely think you'd get a bigger market if you have say...the same model of guitars with different pickups and pickup combinations. Just IMO.
Quote by Chikao42
Chappers, you need to be a bit more careful with how you phrase your sayings, coz I read that as being able to choose your own pickups and have them wired for free xD

Because that's what I'm telling you dude!

Basically you pick some upgrade pups, pay for the upgrade (Depends which pups you choose) and Andertons tech's will wire them in for you at no cost saving you about £50 in tech work ;-)
Quote by Robchappers

Basically you pick some upgrade pups, pay for the upgrade (Depends which pups you choose) and Andertons tech's will wire them in for you at no cost saving you about £50 in tech work ;-)

No, I meant that the pickups came with that special bargain, too. My bad, I need to portray my points clearer

...What do you mean by "Depends which pups you choose"?
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz

Quote by ilikepirates
Last edited by Chikao42 at Jul 7, 2010,
Tell Andertons to start stocking Bareknuckles and Fernandes/Sustainiac stuff
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Robchappers

If I were to get some extra features(ie, push-pull for various purposes, a killswitch, an extra toggle for something, etc.), would that be added onto the charge for the pickups, or would it all be one rate?

Quote by necrosis1193
If I were to get some extra features(ie, push-pull for various purposes, a killswitch, an extra toggle for something, etc.), would that be added onto the charge for the pickups, or would it all be one rate?

I think you'd probably have to ask Andertons on that - perhaps they'll be really nice. A killswitch would be quite cool instead of the kill pot though....
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Chikao42
No, I meant that the pickups came with that special bargain, too. My bad, I need to portray my points clearer

...What do you mean by "Depends which pups you choose"?

Well some pups cost more than others, so the cost of your upgrade package would depend on your choice of pups ;-)
Quote by necrosis1193

Andertons are just great, I'm sure it could be done and added on to the price. My friend Tom even had a Floyd Rose fitted a few days ago ;-)
Quote by Robchappers
Andertons are just great, I'm sure it could be done and added on to the price. My friend Tom even had a Floyd Rose fitted a few days ago ;-)

Can I be your friend Chappers!?!?

Hahaha! I think the pickup thing is some beastly win, letting guys have their own "custom" creative control over what they want from new!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Can I be your friend Chappers!?!?

Hahaha! I think the pickup thing is some beastly win, letting guys have their own "custom" creative control over what they want from new!

Ha ha of course mate! Maybe join my forum as well mate, I am there all the time speaking to the minions ;-)
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha of course mate! Maybe join my forum as well mate, I am there all the time speaking to the minions ;-)

Already joined Chappers haha! I've been posting a bit in the ML2 design thread tonight even a headstock design has popped on there.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Epic news be epic yo. If I'm ever in the market for a new axe it may be a Chapman guitar.

I just have one question. Do you guys inject the win into the wood before assembly or is the win put in once the guitar is all finished and ready to ship?
Quote by siverstorm
Epic news be epic yo. If I'm ever in the market for a new axe it may be a Chapman guitar.

I just have one question. Do you guys inject the win into the wood before assembly or is the win put in once the guitar is all finished and ready to ship?

What I've heard they do, is they take the win out of this question, and then spray it underneath the finishes of all guitars.

SO MUCH WIN in this question!
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz

Quote by ilikepirates
chappers will it have 24 frets? also will u reach this model out to us southpaws?
Eh.
Page 1 of 2