retails around 1900, but its going for 1400. Do you guys think it's worth the price with a broken headstock?
its an easy fix so it sounds reasonable. try to haggle the price down a little more.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
if you can fix it or get it fixed fir less than the total of the whole price yes
if not you might end up with a broken guitar you payed 1400 dollars for
Quote by supersac
if you can fix it or get it fixed fir less than the total of the whole price yes
if not you might end up with a broken guitar you payed 1400 dollars for

it is a broken headstock. it is fixable. wood glue.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Pfft you could probably get a used one in good condition for that much.. I'd never pay more than 50% of normal retail price for a guitar with a broken headstock. Even if you did fix it, the previously broken yet repaired headstock would probably lower the value of the guitar a fair bit below what the person wants for it now.
If you can get it for 1100, then go for it. You could easily find a used one for that price.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
if its broken its worth nothing (if its fixable, then the seller should sell it after he fixed it)

if its broken, offer him the price of buying broken items

dont care if its a gibson, the seller should realize the value of something when its in non working condition.

if this is some vintage gibson guitar then we can talk value again, but if its just any other contemporary gibson i dont think its fair to be offering such a high price.

if it doesn't work, its worth zero. if its fixable, then offering the cost of the guitar minus the repair and minus more because you have to spend the time/risk to get it fixed
i wouldn't pay more the $1k for it if it has a broken headstock tbh. I saw a a similar one on craigslist recently for $1200 without a broken headstock
pics? my freind's les paul's headstock broke, and it was just teh corner, the only problem was it looked a lil bit stupid, and there was a slight (not hearable) drop in resonence, yet it the whole headstock broke in two, it might be unrepairable, or u might need alot of wood glue
Eh.
No way. Maybe $1400 used in good condition. But not with a headstock repair.

You need to consider the resale value AND the repair cost when you make a deal like this.

Let's say it retails for $1900. You can get it for $1400 and the shop quotes you $200 for the repair (with no refin., and even that could be higher).

So you've paid $1600 for a used guitar that retails new at $1900, with a visible headstock repair. Sure, you got it cheaper than it would be new. But it's already used. The resale value of that guitar if the headstock wasn't broken isn't $1900. It's maybe $1400 or $1500, maybe less.

And that's the resale value of the guitar in very good condition, not the resale value of the guitar with a visibly repaired headstock, which will be significantly less.

So when all is said and done and you've got your repair done, what's the guitar worth? $1100? $1200?

Subtract the cost of the repair from that and don't pay any more.

So if the shop quotes you $200 for the repair, offer the guy $1000 and don't pay any more. Try and pay less.

If he's smart he'll take it. Afterall, if he goes to the shop and gets it repaired himself, he won't be able to sell it for much more than what you've offered him + the cost he incurs to repair it. But it;'ll be his time and effort into getting it repaired.

Definitely don't pay $1400 for it though. For $1400 I'd be looking for that model used in near mint condition.