Page 1 of 2
any songs that have changed your life?
for me its Mayonaisse-The Smashing Pumpkins.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Wish You Were Here-Pink Floyd
Title and Registration-Death Cab for Cutie.
Casting Such A Thin Shadow - Underoath
-------------------------------------------------
facebook.com/thesedrowningtides
youtube.com/thesedrowningtides
-------------------------------------------------
Wouldn't say it changed my life, but The way to heaven by Buckethead is so beautiful, it's what got me listening to his stuff and I wouldn't want to have it any other way. Also Harvest by Opeth, it's one of the reasons I started listening to them soo.
Iron Man - Black Sabbath and
Crazy Train - Ozzy

Edit: Oh beautiful songs?

The Czar - Mastodon? I heard it and that's the whole reason i started listening to more progressive stuff.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jul 7, 2010,
Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree.

Quote by MustangMan311
Mordecai - Between the Buried and Me

This.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Breaks (The Black Keys) - not really beautiful, per se, but itconvinced me I needed to start playing the guitar.

Little Wing, Soothsayer, Scarborough Fair
Quote by Ir a+infinitive
any songs that have changed your life?
for me its Mayonaisse-The Smashing Pumpkins.

idk about 'changing my life' but Tonight, Tonight - The Smashing Pumpkins comes close enough
Best guide on writing power metal lyrics
Quote by ReaperWaits
keep it fast, keep it epic, and for god sake mention dragons.
Stairway to heaven. I know it sounds cliché, but before i listened to that song, all i ever listened to was screamo stuff. It simply made me crave for more rock n roll and pick up a guitar
A Change Of Seasons. Also Stairway to Heaven.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Time by Pink Floyd. I remember listening to that song all day long, which inspired me to find more songs like that, which led to me eventually stumbling upon the whole psychedelic/stoner rock scene that I am proud to be a part of today.
Crack Rock Steady - Choking Victim

No Seriously. It helped me discover how much I really hate cops.
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Quote by wizards?
Your Hand in Mine by Explosions in the Sky. I know I post this song a lot, but seriously, it's just that amazing. Click the link in my sig, I promise you won't be disappointed.
I can't believe I forgot this. EITS in general changed my life a while back.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Quote by wizards?
Your Hand in Mine by Explosions in the Sky. I know I post this song a lot, but seriously, it's just that amazing. Click the link in my sig, I promise you won't be disappointed.

+51324974 Any of Explosions material is just magical. But i agree, Your Hand in Mine has to be one of the best! Way to go, once i saw the title i was looking in the comments for some Post Rock and especially EITS! Well Done Sir!
Quote by sickstring11
Time by Pink Floyd. I remember listening to that song all day long, which inspired me to find more songs like that, which led to me eventually stumbling upon the whole psychedelic/stoner rock scene that I am proud to be a part of today.

Yes! 100% agreement from me. I still remember how I felt when I first heard those lyrics:

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.
For me......definitely Slide Away by The Verve. Great song and great album.
We're only gonna die from our own arrogance.
Quote by In The Mist
Press z to make your dreams come true...

My dreams do come true.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
The only song that actually changed my life is the one that got me to pick up the guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VDh_ZNcVi4

Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I equate the music that I listen to at any given point to symbolize what's going on in my life.

One of the first songs that I listened to that really hit me in my stomach and made me stop and say, "Wow. This is what it means to be moved by a song" is the song Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups.

I first heard it at my friends house during the winter 2 years ago when he and another friend were playing Rock Band.

Another night, the first and only time that I ever tried pills (I had one hydrocodine) I bought that song on iTunes and listened to it, along with a collection of other songs that I had heard and liked.

Up to that point, the music I had listened to had never been "my" music, but music that other people liked and I listened to because I hadn't found anything that I really liked.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by wizards?

Because you always suggest this, I finally took a listen.

Wow.

Thank you.
Straight Edge by Minor Threat...But no seriously, the album Illinois by Sufjan Stevens. It made me listen to some music that I completely ignored, minimalism, orchestral pop, contemporary classical. Really great stuff.

edit; Plus, Illinois is just amazingly beautiful and makes me cry.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Last edited by afterthewar at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by blake1221
Because you always suggest this, I finally took a listen.

Wow.

Thank you.

Told you dude, the entire, "The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place" is that awesome as well. You should give it a listen if you liked it.
Between the Buried and Me - Mordecai
Death - Voice of the Soul
Animals as Leaders - The Price of Everything and the Vaule of Nothing
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Cynic - Integral Birth
Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Quote by wizards?
Told you dude, the entire, "The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place" is that awesome as well. You should give it a listen if you liked it.

As soon as this posts I'm torrenting it. But damn...

Wow haha
Quote by wizards?

Am I the only person in the world who, while being a fan of post-rock, doesn't like Explosions in the Sky? I mean, to be fair I've only really listened to All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone. And Your Hand in Mine. Which is a pretty good song, but I'd still take a Godspeed You! Black Emperor song any day.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Page 1 of 2