I get free pickups. Not going to tell you how but am curious which ones to get.

Passive or active doesn't matter.

I would be putting them in my epiphone les Paul.

It currently has stock pups.

I play metallica rise against nofx and various metal occasionaly. I usually stick with the firsst 3 or in their genre.

any help would be great thanks
Soo many variables, you must first decide, active or passive. that is a decent starting point.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by fancypants1
I get free pickups. Not going to tell you how

Then no help from me
My grandpa is a great guitar player and he insists that I need new pickups. He claims he is going to give me one of his amps as well i think its a fender tube.
A Fender tube amp is the last thing you want for metal. But hey, for free why not? What amp are you using now though? Those pickups won't make a shred of difference if it's a cheap beginner SS amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I have a spider iii but my grandpa wants to trade for the fender who knows why but yeah its free so what the heck

I looked at bare knuckles and with the exchange rate it is just way to expensive are there any other options I am kind of leaning towards passive
E-mail AxePalace. They have sets for $240 IIRC.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Would that be good for my tone and everything they don't seem very popular they arent even on amazon
guitarforce
bgpickups
riogrande
motorcity

Quote by fancypants1
Would that be good for my tone and everything they don't seem very popular they arent even on amazon

some else take care of this. i'm breathing slowly and counting to ten.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jul 7, 2010,
They're small production/boutique/whatever you want to call it. They're extremely popular for the size of their business though, at least with metal players. They don't have many dealers. They still won't make much of a difference with the Spider but again, they're free so what the hell?

EDIT: Link to the ones you're looking at? The 7 string set for Pain Killers is $270 so it should be less for the 6 string set, they just don't have them in stock. They're all the same price too I think.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Jul 7, 2010,
Yeah is their a cheaper option though if my grandpa says no

He doesn't really know about the small brands and if he has never used it he'll just be like ****ity ****ity ****
i dunno about that? he hates your spider and your pups right? he's got something of a decent ear for sure then....
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Also I got a 25% off thing from guitar center I would like to use that so I don't feel super guilty
He wants you to upgrade from a Spider to a Fender because he knows what he's talking about. He may have older ears than you but they are attached to a brain that knows what's what. If the Fender is a Frontman I retract that statement.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Oh Lawdy Lawd...

Did... did he just compare product quality to availability on Amazon?