1. too loud
2. too big

with the $ i wanna get the right amp. the plexi are nice but toooo expensive. I play blues (hendrix , clapton) classic rock and rock new stuff. what heads are for me? I got about 800 dollars for it.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by AcousticMirror
isn't this your fourth or 400th thread about your deville.

isn't this a statement, when it is clearly supposed to be a question?

OT:
i'd look into an Orange...
Quote by TonyRandall
isn't this a statement, when it is clearly supposed to be a question?

OT:
i'd look into an Orange...

ya dude you're right. I totally raised my voice a little at the end when I thought it in my mind voice but completely forgot to add the question mark at the end.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Did you honestly expect a 60w amp to not be loud? Be honest. Most Fender amps at that wattage are going to twist your guts in half. Get a 30w or a 15w. More than enough.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
if you had the mexican deville, then they seem to come with a linear taper pot for the volume knob that pretty much peaks the amp around 4 (on a 12 scale!). you can change the pot out and make the volume much more manageable. i just sold mine to though.

picked up a used 66 epiphone embassy 212 with the cash, bit upgrade. prob not for you though.

if a deville is too loud for you, then a plexi is prob gonna be too loud for you as well.

i say be a little patient and wait for something sweet to come your way.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Ya I emailed fender and they said are ways to fix the vol bu he could help me lol said to google it. I've never had a tube amp before so I thougt 60 watts was ok lol well shit never again will I get a 60 watt unless it has a switch for 15,30 , 60. For watts. I'll look on to orange what model? Why are they so expensive?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by silly6-string
1. too loud
2. too big

with the $ i wanna get the right amp. the plexi are nice but toooo expensive. I play blues (hendrix , clapton) classic rock and rock new stuff. what heads are for me? I got about 800 dollars for it.

fender blues jr.
Your says your a college graduate from NY. Please type coherently.

Is it really necessary to make this many threads about the same topic/dilemma?

You will not get a plexi tone at low volumes. A big part of that sounds is air movement and speaker distortion.

Look at the peavey classic 30 and fender blues jr. Nice little tube blues/classic rocky amps.

Honestly though, Clapton and Hendrix tones are pretty different. I would just keep the deville, use it as a clean sound base, and add pedals on top. Get a fuzz face for hendrix and a mid gain OD for clapton.

You could also look at the JCA20h
email leo again and ask him if changing the speakers in the deville would help.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer