So today, I was using my Genius thing in iTunes and I made a playlist based off of the song "Sway Your Head" by We Shot The Moon

anyways the song "Hands Held High" by Linkin Park( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQ0njClBKI ) was somehow slapped in there and I was wondering if anyone knew of some rap songs that sound generally the same, I also really like "This Love, This Hate" by Hollywood Undead ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQJik2c-2c )

I hate shit like Lil' Wayne and Jay-Z(most of that is just terrible), I just want stuff that sounds like those two songs

TL;DR: I want rap songs that sound generally the same as "Hands Held High" by Linkin Park( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQ0njClBKI ) and "This Love, This Hate" by Hollywood Undead ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQJik2c-2c )
Quote by THEandrew
I hate shit like Lil' Wayne and Jay-Z(most of that is just terrible)

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
You might like Kid Cudi. This really isn't really the place for this thread though.

Quote by JayT44
I was just gonna let that slide. I've had that argument way too many times and he'll (hopefully) learn eventually.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Last edited by AtomicPunk7 at Jul 7, 2010,
Quote by AtomicPunk7
You might like Kid Cudi. This really isn't really the place for this thread though.

I was just gonna let that slide. I've had that argument way too many times and he'll (hopefully) learn eventually.

Where should I put it?
You're a fan of rap, and hate lil wayne and Jay Z?...... but like hollywoood undead?
Oh, you DO want a free demo?
Quote by groove.thang.
You're a fan of rap, and hate lil wayne and Jay Z?...... but like hollywoood undead?

No no no, I don't really like rap, only songs like that...I'm just looking to expand my taste
Quote by THEandrew
No no no, I don't really like rap, only songs like that...I'm just looking to expand my taste

If youre going to listen to rap you might as well listen to lil wayne.
A millie, 3 peat, pussy monster.
Quote by groove.thang.

SO not true.

Lil' Wayne is horrible. He's basically a physical manifestation of everything I hate about modern/black culture. And I'm glad his ass is in jail.

That sounds bad to say, but you know what I mean. The ghetto shit.

Check out... well, the rest of the Linkin Park albums. You didn't say if you had them.
Quote by Msu_Man04
SO not true.

Lil' Wayne is horrible. He's basically a physical manifestation of everything I hate about modern/black culture. And I'm glad his ass is in jail.

That sounds bad to say, but you know what I mean. The ghetto shit.

Check out... well, the rest of the Linkin Park albums. You didn't say if you had them.

But he is the best at being a .."nukka".

All I'm saying is he's got some phat beats, and really thug rhymes, yo.
Quote by Will Swanson
Sorry, but Linkin Park is similar to crap like Lil Wayne.

You mean in terms of you not liking them? Sure.

In terms of musical style? Other than the fact that they both primarily involve rap, not at fucking all. Lil' Wayne is.... well, plain rap. That's it. Rap. Linkin Park is technically nu metal/alternative rock. They are still very much a rock band, just with rap and electronic incorporated.
Quote by Msu_Man04

In terms of musical style? Other than the fact that they both primarily involve rap, not at fucking all. Lil' Wayne is.... well, plain rap. That's it. Rap. Linkin Park is technically nu metal/alternative rock. They are still very much a rock band, just with rap and electronic incorporated.

In terms of a joke.
Okay Jay-Z is pretty bad ass.
Also I guess Chili Peppers, and Rage against the machine would be good for you to listen to.
I don't like Linkin Park so I can't really give you songs that sound like them. But if you listen to those two bands You'll be getting loads of rap in a rock format. Hope I helped TS.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Airplanes by B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams

you're welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn6-c223DUU
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Quote by manic
Airplanes by B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams

you're welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn6-c223DUU

That song is so horribly overrated.

Hayley doesn't even use her voice as well as she can. It's really boring.
Quote by Msu_Man04

This; I honestly don't see how you can compare them.... then again, Linkin Park is the first band I ever really listened to, and I find Lil Wayne to be a disgrace to the music industry, so maybe I'm a bit biased here.
Quote by Msu_Man04
That song is so horribly overrated.

Hayley doesn't even use her voice as well as she can. It's really boring.

take it back. right. now
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Quote by manic
take it back. right. now

It's just one of those songs, to me, that about EVERY preppy girl is quoting in their Facebook status that really isn't that great. Sometimes they get it write and like an okay song, but... not this time.
Quote by Msu_Man04
It's just one of those songs, to me, that about EVERY preppy girl is quoting in their Facebook status that really isn't that great. Sometimes they get it write and like an okay song, but... not this time.

i understand what you are saying. I still like the song, but I understand what you are saying.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

Quote by manic
i understand what you are saying. I still like the song, but I understand what you are saying.

More power to you for liking it and accepting that I don't understand why it's liked, though.
Quote by groove.thang.

Ever consider that he doesn't like shallow tasteless music?

EDIT: ok, that was unfair, but still Lil Wayne may make some of the worst "music" I have ever heard, he's up there with new wave
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Last edited by Putrefaction at Jul 8, 2010,
Mate, I didn't read ya post or any of the posts in this thread, aye fella? But I got one word for ya, cobba: ACDC (if ya count that as a word, aye?). Bon Scott stuff, mate. No disrespect for the new fella, but he's a flamin' tosser. His voice not very nice to listen to, aye mate?
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
if you like hands held high, check out the Flobots. I know, everybody has heard Handlebars and more recently White Flag Warriors, but theyve got some far better stuff.
Hey guys, I love rap like Linkin Park and Holywood Undead, but Jay-Z? That's just shit yo!

Try some Dizzee Rascal, his first couple of albums are freaking incredible. Tongue n Cheek is good too, but it's much poppier than the earlier stuff.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.