ok ug, again i come to you for advice on guitars. i know everyone hates opinion threads but i feel like i need to make a decision here.

ive been looking for a rga prestige for a while and one popped up on a local craigslist. the thing is, i already have plenty of guitars and i should probably save my money. however, this rga121 has been a dream guitar of mine for a while. last time i had the opportunity of buying one, i missed it because i bought a different guitar. so here's my question for you:

would you sell an ibanez xpt707 which is in excellent condition to make money for an ibanez rga 121? if it makes a difference, it has a dimarzio tone zone and air norton installed in it.

also, since i know someone will say it, i search bar'd. i just felt that this situation was pretty specific.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
RGA121 prestiges are really good guitars, a bit weak with stock pickups, but with different pickups theyre great, id recommend it if youre not feeling your 707 anymore.
yeah i used it a lot when i first got it. i joined a band after that and i barely play it anymore. i like it but i dont see myself using it much in the future. i can always down tune if i want to play that low.

Quote by DkassBTU

hahahahaha
Quote by gebgebgeb
ok ug, again i come to you for advice on guitars. i know everyone hates opinion threads but i feel like i need to make a decision here.

ive been looking for a rga prestige for a while and one popped up on a local craigslist. the thing is, i already have plenty of guitars and i should probably save my money. however, this rga121 has been a dream guitar of mine for a while. last time i had the opportunity of buying one, i missed it because i bought a different guitar. so here's my question for you:

would you sell an ibanez xpt707 which is in excellent condition to make money for an ibanez rga 121? if it makes a difference, it has a dimarzio tone zone and air norton installed in it.

also, since i know someone will say it, i search bar'd. i just felt that this situation was pretty specific.

i have a stock rga121.... best guitar ive touched.
honestly i have a marshall dsl 401 combo amp i can get a great red hot chile pepers tone with the guitar in the 2 and 4 pos on the 5 way switch... and the reason i got it was to play it in a metal band, this thing is fast and sounds killer.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
i would get the rga. i really want one.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
nice man thats pretty cool. another thing, the guy thats selling it had the selector re-wired. its only a 3 selector, the middle position splits the coils obviously. the pots are push pull.

thanks for the input, but would you sell a xpt707 to buy a rga121?

i just re-read his email and noticed that he's selling it without the case. thats kinda lame =/.

Quote by DkassBTU

hahahahaha
i say go for it
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8