I am looking for a guitar with cool and unusual looks such as a B.C. Rich or Dean razorback however i have heard bad things about both b.c. Rich and Dean so I was wondering if anyone else knew of any quality, unusual looking guitars. My price range is up to $450. $500 if neccesary. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Silvertone Bluesmaster SSLA-30
Samick Revolver Bass
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
While it is good to seek other peoples opinions before making a decision you should acutally play the guitars your self. I personally am not a fan of Razor backs and most B.C. rich guitars in terms of looks. Each of them play quite well actually.

The Dean Cadillac is one of my personal favorites it is kinda like a cross between a les paul type and an explorer.

Another is the B.C. Rich Mocking bird. Its a strange shape but each of these guitars are favorites of mines.

I still say you get out and try them for your self as well as other guitars.
If you want cool and unusual, look into some Danelectros.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
You could try the Warlock(Dark Arts), Warbeast(STD), Jr V(STD), or Mockingbird(Masterpiece) from BC Rich. Those are all under $500 and have decent specs.
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Parker, you can get the cheaper versions which are actually some of their best playing guitars.
Quote by Axim Bassist
While it is good to seek other peoples opinions before making a decision you should acutally play the guitars your self. I personally am not a fan of Razor backs and most B.C. rich guitars in terms of looks. Each of them play quite well actually.

The Dean Cadillac is one of my personal favorites it is kinda like a cross between a les paul type and an explorer.

Another is the B.C. Rich Mocking bird. Its a strange shape but each of these guitars are favorites of mines.

I still say you get out and try them for your self as well as other guitars.

I have been trying to find these in local guitar stores but it seems like the guitar stores around do not carry anything like what im looking for. There are no real large guitar stores or anything so they just carry regular shaped guitars which is what i am not looking for. I need to find a razorback and some b.c. rich guitars to try out. I guess I will just check out the guitar stores near me a lot looking for cool guitars. At this point though, I am really digging the b.c. rich and razorbacks.

Samick Revolver Bass
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by spacec0wboy
You could try the Warlock(Dark Arts), Warbeast(STD), Jr V(STD), or Mockingbird(Masterpiece) from BC Rich. Those are all under $500 and have decent specs.

The Warbeast looks pretty nice. Have you ever played one? If so, do they seems like they are of good quality?

Samick Revolver Bass
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by jameszq7
I have been trying to find these in local guitar stores but it seems like the guitar stores around do not carry anything like what im looking for. There are no real large guitar stores or anything so they just carry regular shaped guitars which is what i am not looking for. I need to find a razorback and some b.c. rich guitars to try out. I guess I will just check out the guitar stores near me a lot looking for cool guitars. At this point though, I am really digging the b.c. rich and razorbacks.

Yea ihad similar problems. I have just recently seen a dean Cadillac in a small music store that just opened in a mall near me, no other music stores not even my local guitar Center. As for mocking birds i have only seen a couple at a local used dealer.
I also like the dean dave mustaine, MAB, ML, schenker, and Amott's. not sure how much they cost or if i could find them though

Samick Revolver Bass
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by jameszq7
The Warbeast looks pretty nice. Have you ever played one? If so, do they seems like they are of good quality?

I haven't personally played the Warbeast, but I have a Warlock and it feels pretty good to me. The Warbeast Standard though has Rockfield pickups which should sound better than my BDSM's. Not sure about the Lic. Floyd too. Do you want a trem?
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by spacec0wboy
I haven't personally played the Warbeast, but I have a Warlock and it feels pretty good to me. The Warbeast Standard though has Rockfield pickups which should sound better than my BDSM's. Not sure about the Lic. Floyd too. Do you want a trem?

I do want one but if the guitar doesnt have a tremolo then i would still consider it.

Samick Revolver Bass
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
that ML is nice but I was looking at this B.C. Rich
http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Virgo-Celtic--Tremolo-Electric-Guitar-584459-i1503558.gc

Not sure how good they are however. Also razorbacks. Still dont know the difference between the 400 dollar one with killswitch and the one without killswitch since they are the same price.

Samick Revolver Bass
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
That BC Rich will do you fine, if you get a good one and you don't abuse the trem.

Razorbacks are pretty "meh" until you spend money on the $1,000 ones. One has a kill switch, and the other doesn't. That's the only difference.