alrightyyy pit, for months I've had a huge problem with xbox live, I've went almost everywhere one would think to go and I've had no success with any other suggestions I've gotten, so maybe some pit-monkeys would be able to help me out here...

alright, let me explain. Xbox Live at my dad's used to work about a year ago, to use it I would plug an ethernet cable into the port on the xbox and it worked completely fine, but it suddenly stopped working out of nowhere...like it doesn't even connect to xbox live even though I have the ethernet cable plugged in and the modem/router is working perfectly...it's weird because my laptop's internet works completely fine but with ethernet OR a wireless connection the xbox refuses to connect to xbox live...can anyone help me with my problem? I seriously have nowhere else to turn, I've tried everywhere and nothing seems to work
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
try re-setting the router, it should work just fine after that

pull power cable out for about 20 seconds then put it back in and let it fire up then try to troubleshoot the connection on the xbox and u should be good to go man.
Last edited by 145186 at Jul 8, 2010,
Have you tried going into your Xbox's setting and changing your IP and DNS to match your router?

The Xbox Live Support system usually does a great job with helping people if you're not sure exactly what you're doing. Try giving them a call.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by guitarocker100
I understand this is The Pit which has nothing to do with guitar but...really why do people post these kinds of things on a guitar website?

Because it's off topic, you bitch.

TS, have you tried calling them?
When you go to 'troubleshoot connection' does it say that the ethernet cable is plugged in? Could be a messed up ethernet port/cable.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by guitarocker100
I understand this is The Pit which has nothing to do with guitar but...really why do people post these kinds of things on a guitar website?

Why do people talk about any of the shit that gets discussed here? Go away.

Have you gone into the network trouble shooting process on your xbox? Have you fiddled with your routers ports, like through the admin screen? Have you tried different ethernet cable?

There is a video game thread, just to warn you...you will be told to go there, but I don't mind helping.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Why do people talk about any of the shit that gets discussed here? Go away.

Have you gone into the network trouble shooting process on your xbox? Have you fiddled with your routers ports, like through the admin screen? Have you tried different ethernet cable?

There is a video game thread, just to warn you...you will be told to go there, but I don't mind helping.

Yes, but it's for a small elite only. You need a minimum of five thousand posts or your posts will be ignored and you'll probably be spat on and laughed at.
Did you try a new ethernet cable? I had the same problem for about 3 months and then it just randomly started working again. I just didnt play for those months.
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Yes, but it's for a small elite only. You need a minimum of five thousand posts or your posts will be ignored and you'll probably be spat on and laughed at.

TS, next time you try to connect, make a note of the error message (I'm sure you can make it display one). Google that. You should get a solution pretty damn quickly.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
it sounds like your ethernet port is blown out. The exact same thing happened with an old laptop of mine. To me this sounds logical, given the 360's tendency to break
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
Quote by sassamafras
it sounds like your ethernet port is blown out. The exact same thing happened with an old laptop of mine. To me this sounds logical, given the 360's tendency to break

I just wanted to post and agree with your sig, sassamafras. I'm part of that 5% as well
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.