dude,I am a ibanez fan myself(look at my gear and profile)but outta those two I got to say that the eclipse is a bit better...but eclipse costs a lot more than the RG1570...if the Rg1570 is decently priced and if you like it,its also very good
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by Ignite
Well $2000 NZ is about $1400 USD so that's not too bad.

That's actually a pretty tough choice... but if the EC is in great condition I'd probably go for that.

oops! I didnt see the NZ part....sorry
I personally love RG1570 but 1400 for a good-condition Elipse is hard to beat ...

it's your friend who's selling the Ellipse, I'd say you should try it before deciding.
I'd pick the ESP.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Ive tried them both, not a good test yet. I like the shape and floyd of the ibanez.
But the EC probably sounds better. Action im not sure, the ibanez prbably hast been set up with the lowest action i hope.

OH i can get the RG for $1550 NZ
Last edited by KTHXBAI at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by KTHXBAI
Ive tried them both, not a good test yet. I like the shape and floyd of the ibanez.
But the EC probably sounds better. Action im not sure, the ibanez prbably hast been set up with the lowest action i hope.

thats normal,most ibanez's come with medium action from the action..

as for the sound,swap the stock pups to some BKP nailbombs and you're good to go..

If you liked the playability,feel and the neck shape of the 1570...then I advice you to go buy and change the pups..but if you dont,then ESP..
Quote by archenemyfan
thats normal,most ibanez's come with medium action from the action..

as for the sound,swap the stock pups to some BKP nailbombs and you're good to go..

If you liked the playability,feel and the neck shape of the 1570...then I advice you to go buy and change the pups..but if you dont,then ESP..

Thanks bo, can i get the ibanez action lower? I thought they were renowned for low action (espesh a prestige).
Quote by KTHXBAI
Thanks bo, can i get the ibanez action lower? I thought they were renowned for low action (espesh a prestige).

Of course you can....make sure the locking nut isnt too high..
Quote by KTHXBAI
Like reeal low? I tried lowering my EX-50 (sigh) and got soooo much fretbuzz

well,I cannot exactly tell you whether it will or will not have buzz,cause no two guitars are the same...some have fretbuzz(lemons mostly) but many dont...but its the same with the ESP..if you're unlucky you'll get a lemon with loads of fretbuzz
Apples and Oranges. They're not anything like each other. Shape, neck, bridge, wood, pickups, fret number, scale length - all different.

The ESP is better quality, but they're completely different. They're both good guitars, but one may have what you want/need, and the other may not. They'll feel, sound and play completely different.

If you liked the Ibanez, you should get it. Chances are you won't like the Eclipse. At least generally.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I bought my RG1570 last week and I love everything in it except the bolt-on neck, wish it was neck thru! I will change the pickups with some dimarzios or seymour duncans in future. great look, great neck, great trem...
did not play the eclipse so cant say anything...
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Quote by KTHXBAI
Sweet thanks for the responses, i guess its down to some hard testing. I would LOVE shark tooth inlays in the RG, how much would custom shop Tooth inlays cost?

dont bother..buy this instead..will be a little more than the rg1570 ,but comes with better pups
Quote by KTHXBAI
Sweet thanks for the responses, i guess its down to some hard testing. I would LOVE shark tooth inlays in the RG, how much would custom shop Tooth inlays cost?

You can buy sticker inlays that look pretty good. I have some (bats) on my Ibanez, you can see pics in my profile.

Other than that, you should buy a model that has them already - getting aftermarket inlays done will cost so much, that you might as well just buy a way better guitar for the money spent.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by archenemyfan
dont bother..buy this instead..will be a little more than the rg1570 ,but comes with better pups

That just took me to the portal, what model are you talking about. I was also looking at the One with Emgs and Sharklays, hopefully not to espensive.

Haha stickers sound algg
^ That one is $1500 USD, $500 more than the 1570. I'm not sure how that converts, but that's an idea of how much more it'd cost.

And if you get it, I will be really jealous and mad at you.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by KTHXBAI
That just took me to the portal, what model are you talking about. I was also looking at the One with Emgs and Sharklays, hopefully not to espensive.

Haha stickers sound algg

thats not the one with EMG's...its this

NOw you mgiht go UHHHHHHHH..but its 200 cheaper than the one with EMG's

but all in honesty a 1570 will be better than this with the pups changed to a set of nailbombs
Wait, what model is that? RG2570Z?

I was talking aboutRG3520ZE?

Thoughts? Inessence youre paying 200 for a bit more quality and EMG's, doesnt sound bad to me, plus it looks demonic.
Last edited by KTHXBAI at Jul 11, 2010,
Quote by KTHXBAI
Wait, what model is that? RG2570Z?

I was talking aboutRG3520ZE?

Thoughts?

yes it is..

I dont think think the RG3520ZE is available in new Zealand though..at least on their new Zealand site..it has a few improvements over the 25xx/15xx series..like a thinner neck,KTS titanium reinforcement,sharktooth inlays etc. etc.

But I wouldnt buy it...actives on basswood will sound incredibly lame(IMO)
Quote by KTHXBAI
I see i see, the RG 2570 looks way better than 1570, thanks. How much more is it, in NZ$$. Hopefully theres some other colours.

Well, the deal with Ibanez and colours, is that the newest colours are always on their website, but you'll have to check the stock of the shop you're at to know what colours they really have. Ibanez does LOADS of different things with their finishes, some that aren't even published on their site.

Quote by archenemyfan
But I wouldnt buy it...actives on basswood will sound incredibly lame(IMO)

Yeah, but you just hate EMG's.
Quote by Y00p
Well, the deal with Ibanez and colours, is that the newest colours are always on their website, but you'll have to check the stock of the shop you're at to know what colours they really have. Ibanez does LOADS of different things with their finishes, some that aren't even published on their site.

+ 1..I saw a vital silver 2570 a few days ago in a shop..and afaik it was discontinued about two years ago

Quote by Y00p
Yeah, but you just hate EMG's.

hehe yeah but basswood is a really neutral wood..no special tonal characteristics at all..the only thing there is to colour your tone and give life to it are the pickups..and EMG's(IMo again)sound sterile and lacks character..thats what I think..
the Ibby will be a great guitar bit if you play and like the feel of it, trem and are aware of how great it can be with some simple mods you will have an awesome guitar that will last forever.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
It's a matter of apples and oranges. They're both guitars that you can keep for a lifetime and never consider upgrading unless you're going custom from each respective company. I wouldn't trade my RG for anything and there are people who wouldn't trade their Eclipse for anything.
Quote by Tom 1.0
the Ibby will be a great guitar bit if you play and like the feel of it, trem and are aware of how great it can be with some simple mods you will have an awesome guitar that will last forever.

What mods are we talking?
How do i find sharktoth sticker inlays?
Quote by KTHXBAI
What mods are we talking?
How do i find sharktoth sticker inlays?

Pickups but if you want sharktooth inlays, spend a little more for higher end Prestige.