Page 1 of 2
I saw a preview of the movie with my friend and he told me it was an amazing show. But I was skeptic because it seemed like another weird cartoon with annoying characters with high pitched voices but it turned out to be an amazing show and for a kids cartoon it was hilarious.
then when I saw the movie I was really dissapointed seeing how they took away all the comedy and made everyone all dramatic and how the bending was extremely handicapped. it suprised me even more because M Night shamylan (bad spelling) directed it. And he has some good movies under his belt.

I dunno, was there some reason for why they had to make the movie that way? did you like it?
COLOURFUL SIGNATURE

compliment from fellow UGer
I just got done with the first season. It was really amazing for a nickelodeon show aimed at a younger audience. About to start on the second season in a few minutes. What can I say, I love animation a lot, even if it's not mature.

I'm trying to stop myself from seeing the movie as I know it'll be a huge disappointment, but I'm probably going to anyway.

But again, the show is pretty amazing.
Quote by theamericandj
I saw a preview of the movie with my friend and he told me it was an amazing show. But I was skeptic because it seemed like another weird cartoon with annoying characters with high pitched voices but it turned out to be an amazing show and for a kids cartoon it was hilarious.
then when I saw the movie I was really dissapointed seeing how they took away all the comedy and made everyone all dramatic and how the bending was extremely handicapped. it suprised me even more because M Night shamylan (bad spelling) directed it. And he has some good movies under his belt.

I dunno, was there some reason for why they had to make the movie that way? did you like it?

...wut?
Quote by theamericandj

How was it hadicapped?

Also, the show gets really badass at the end of season 2, and all of season 3. That is all.

EDIT: And I rather liked the movie.
Last edited by whitenihilist at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by CraZyB0y
...wut?

He directed the Sixth sense and Lady in the Water. Is under is belt the wrong term??

EDIT: and the bending isnt handicapped in the show. It is in the movie. In the show an earth bender can create huge walls in seconds. In the movie it shows like 6 of them doing ridiculous moves to lift a rock that wouldve been much easier just to throw.
COLOURFUL SIGNATURE

Last edited by theamericandj at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by theamericandj
He directed the Sixth sense and Lady in the Water. Is under is belt the wrong term??

EDIT: and the bending isnt handicapped in the show. It is in the movie. In the show an earth bender can create huge walls in seconds. In the movie it shows like 6 of them doing ridiculous moves to lift a rock that wouldve been much easier just to throw.

Ah... He directed Unbreakable, too. I didn't know that, I guess he isn't a total failure. But I could barely stomache The Village, The Happening, or The Lady in the Water. When I saw he was doing this film, I was pretty confident there would be many disappointed fans, even without seeing the anime.
Last edited by CraZyB0y at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by theamericandj

and the bending isnt handicapped in the show. It is in the movie. In the show an earth bender can create huge walls in seconds. In the movie it shows like 6 of them doing ridiculous moves to lift a rock that wouldve been much easier just to throw.

I guess, but I am pretty sure that is just because they were out of practice from being oppressed from the Fire Nation, I bet Toff will show some real earth bending skills in the next movie.
I am just glad he didn't try to get his grubby paws all over the story and rape with with a TWEEST!
Last edited by whitenihilist at Jul 8, 2010,
M. night shalamadingdong is a one trick pony, whos one trick has worn off
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
Quote by theamericandj

Lady in the Water was horrendous. The Sixth Sense is his only good film. I've never watched the show, but what I saw from the trailers, the movie looked horrible.
I didn't much like the movie. I loved the series though...
I am me. Live with it.
Aww. I was looking forward to seeing it.

Probably will go see it anyway.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
As far as Shymalan goes, I thought Unbreakable, The Sixth Sense, and Signs were amazing. Everything else has been disappointing. I keep watching his movies hoping he revives his shit.

He never does.
Quote by *sigh*
It has 8% out of 100 on Rottentomatoes.

Sounds good.

I usually take that site with a grain of salt but a rating that low has to mean something.
Quote by whitenihilist
That reminds me, why is it that new bad movies are hated with a passion, but bad OLD movies are considered "cult classics"?

example?
COLOURFUL SIGNATURE

Well, I didn't know that it was a Nickelodian movie until I started watching the intros and all that jazz. That kind of threw me off. The previews that you seen where he is atop the mountain fortress being approached by thousands of ships is not even in the movie. The acting is terrible because it's a bunch of child actors that don't require a fat payout. The story is OK and the effects are pretty cool. Never seen the anime so please consider that. The stunts were pretty cool, but the fact that every fight was a "bending" fight that was clearly budget-spaced was kind of a drawback.

All in all, don't waste money to see it in theater.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by whitenihilist
Like everyone here:http://www.badmovies.org/
I know a lot of people that love old crappy movies, but hate new bad movies.

Well those in todays standards almost seem like theyre supposed to be lame. todays movies have amazing teaser trailers to hype them up but fall flat when they hit the theaters.
COLOURFUL SIGNATURE

I haven't seen the last airbender, but after I saw the trailer, I felt no need to anymore.

Hollywood has, again, taken a beloved show from out childhood and twisted and warped it into something that is no longer recognisable as the source material.
The characters look stupid (aside from Aang and uncle Iroh), the tone of the movie is WAY too dark and serious for Avatar, and although I'll have to admit the bending looks kinda cool, it certainly isn't enough to make a movie like this good.

I don't understand it! Why does Hollywood do this?! Why do they go so far away from the source material and totally change the tone of the whole plot? What is so freaking hard to get some of the original writers on board, and say "okay look, we're gonna make a movie, so take Book I from the series, and condense it together to be about 1.5 hours long. Take out what you think isn't absolutely necessary, and add things that you think will help the plot".
Why is that so hard? Did these idiots in Hollywood forget how to write interesting stories and dialogue? It's freaking Avatar: The Last Airbender! It has a relatively simple plot that's already established, characters that are already established and a HUGE international fanbase.
This could've been such a cool, fun movie. But NOOO, they had to make it dark, gritty and deep (though I'm pretty sure the original show is alot more deep than this turdnugget), pronounce things differently to be more "authentic".
M. Night Shyamalan can go suck dick.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 8, 2010,
The Last AirBender.

Pffffft.....
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It is the worst movie I have ever seen. No joke.
[edit] hey, there's another 05'er over there.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
aaaaaaahhh I was going to post that^

(to cracked article)
Last edited by Erik_Aero at Jul 14, 2010,
"We believe what we believe and they believe what they believe and we believe because when we believe, the believe believe believe!!!"

Or something like that.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
The movie sucked. I liked the show but thi movie was just bad. The child actors couldn't act I assume they just need some lessons. The dialogue was bad too. The only good thing was the effects and the cute white haired girl.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

They should of made it animnated,It would be so better.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I saw it and liked it, and to be honest, all the endless bitching about it is kind of annoying. Its not half as bad as you would have it seem.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by tubatom868686
Where the fcuk was the twist ending

M Night's career has been dead the whole time!

I'm rewatching the show's DVDs on Netflix right now. Thankfully I haven't seen the movie but the Cracked article on it made me rage.
WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!! I left after 15 minutes because it pissed me off, it totally ruins the show
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
I saw the show once at a friends and shrugged it off. I saw the movie and liked it. If I watched the cartoon I'd probably dislike the movie. Signs, The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were his only good movies. Period.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
They should of made it animnated,It would be so better.

They have that. It's called the show. And I'm afraid to see the movie, because I was the right age when the show was on and it was the best thing in the universe at the time. Probably not seeing it now.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Last edited by Thrasher51 at Jul 14, 2010,
Quote by mustaine42
I saw the show once at a friends and shrugged it off. I saw the movie and liked it. If I watched the cartoon I'd probably dislike the movie. Signs, The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were his only good movies. Period.

The show starts getting better at the end of season 2 and all of 3,if you watched the start you didnt really see the character development and all of that.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Also the way they pronounced most of the names pissed me off. Like they didn't even watch the show.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Page 1 of 2