Right, my friend's buying a Piano.
An electronic one.
Isn't that a keyboard?
is there a difference?
PS: I googled this. but it was fruitless.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
no.

a keyboard is a controller that contains no soundmodule. think of it as the remote to your tv, usually connected by midi to a soundmodule/computer.

a piano is a piano.

an electric piano might be used as a keyboard as well, if it has midi ins and outs.

so not the same thing.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Quote by homeless-john
An electric piano is a piano that is electric.

Keyboard is a keyboard.

and the difference is?
number of keys?
or wut?
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
In Which I replied.
The musicman song is now stuck in my head. You tremendous ****.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Quote by xl999
no.

a keyboard is a controller that contains no soundmodule. think of it as the remote to your tv, usually connected by midi to a soundmodule/computer.

a piano is a piano.

an electric piano might be used as a keyboard as well, if it has midi ins and outs.

so not the same thing.

Excellent mayte.
Like an electric drumset plays the drums.
an electric paino plays a piano
and a keyboard.
it plays midi.
Thanks.
In Which I replied.
A piano is a keyboard instrument, an electric keyboard is a keyboard instrument.

Your friend is possibly getting a stage piano, which has the same number of keys and has just samples of an acoustic piano.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Did you google "my friend's buying a Piano.
An electronic one.
Isn't that a keyboard?
is there a difference?" ?
Quote by ChokingOnBile
Did you google "my friend's buying a Piano.
An electronic one.
Isn't that a keyboard?
is there a difference?" ?

Google only accepts one line of text, you can't put poems in.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by ChokingOnBile
Dude, you should google "sarcasm"

So should you, as I knew you were being sarcastic, and was also being sarcastic.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
See these?

They are both 'guitars' even though one is an electric guitar.

But they're both organic instruments, it's just one of them has a resonating chamber and the other has a pickup. An electric keyboard has no strings, it just has sensors.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Jul 8, 2010,
isn't the difference that a normal piano is huge and has the string stuff and an electric is smaller because it doesn't have the strings or something?
Anyway except for that they are basically the same ,only one is smaller

Edit: What CoreysMonster said
Last edited by Waffleguy at Jul 8, 2010,
Keyboards generally have a wide library of sounds, drum loops, recording features and a whole bunch of stuff.

Electric pianos usually don't have all of that, except maybe different piano sounds, organs etc. Electric pianos try to emulate the sound and feel of a real piano as closely as possible (weighted keys, sustain pedal etc., some electric pianos even have actual hammers), and although some keyboards do as well, alot of keyboards don't have weighted keys, so they can be played very quickly.

there's also an optical difference; in general, you'd call this a keyboard:

and this an electric piano
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 8, 2010,