Right folks,

I'm looking to upgrade the pickups in my Ibanez RG7321. The stock ones suck....no arguments, it's true. No definition on the low B string and the other 6 strings only sound average at best.

I've been looking, and i've stumbled across Kent Armstrongs on ebay. I've bought KA single coils before and they were mighty impressive. And for the price, they're rather tempting.

The advertising stuff reckons 'Super Ditortion 7' in the bridge and 'Rocker 7' in the neck as a good combo for high gain stuff, which is exactly what I plan to use the axe for.

Has anyone looked into these, bought them, used them etc etc??
I dunno, but I've heard great reviews about Kent Armstrong pickups though. My guitar teacher has a KA pickup on his tele, tis good. Try finding some youtube clips.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Try Bareknuckle while you're at it. They have a lot of high gain pickups depending on which sound you want to get from overly heavy and br00tal to middy and defined, modern/vintage, etc...
Quote by EyeHatePunks
Try Bareknuckle while you're at it. They have a lot of high gain pickups depending on which sound you want to get from overly heavy and br00tal to middy and defined, modern/vintage, etc...

Bareknuckle, i've heard a fair amount of good press about them, but not been to see what they offer....

However, following you're suggestion i've taken a look, dear lord they're expensive!

Especially the 7 string pickups, £220 for a matched set. Ouch!