http://www.laddertheory.com/

A lot of this makes sense, but I'm not going to lie, it mostly just made me angry. It's so stereotypical. Check it out if you've never seen it and share your thoughts.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Sucks, but it seems to be true for the most part.

EDIT: At least until the guy writing it starts sounding like a bitter little bitch.
Last edited by KeepOnRotting at Jul 8, 2010,
I stopped thinking it made sense after seeing this

Nice try, Dallas Lynn.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Now the ladder theory description goes like this:
1. Bob Meets Jane
2. Bob sizes her up based on the above criterion
3. Bob puts her on the ladder
4. Bob meets Connie
5. Bob sizes her up based on the above criterion
6. Bob puts her on the ladder above Jane

Sounds like a lot of hard work
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
this is hilarious

Competition - I almost titled this section disinterest. The two are closely related. We can only pursue what runs away from us. A man who is devoted to something else besides the woman is autmatically more attractive. Any intellectual ***** who has ever listened to a girl complain about how her boyfriend-ran-off-with-a-slut or how her boyfriend-is-really-not-dumb-he's-just-streetsmart-and-he- has-to-sell-weed-to-support-his-baby's-mama or he's-really-nice-even-though-he-ignores-me-and-hits-me-sometimes-but-you-don't- know-what-he's-like-when-we're-alone or he's-not-emotionally-available-that's-why-I-like-talk-to-you-until-it's-time-to-go-****-him while he himself is sitting right there and would like nothing better than to be with her but of course is sitting solidly on the friends ladder knows this intuitively. Ultimately, almost all guys learn this truth for themselves: The best way to never score with a woman is to show too much interest in her.

Women seem to especially like it if you are more devoted to your bad music, biker gang, forearm tattoo or marijuana. These all seem to work wonders. There are some interests you can show in a woman that will help you to **** her: a healthy interest in destroying her self-esteem and in ****ing her friends more than her seem to work wonders. Note that the following topics of disinterest have been field tested and shown conclusively not to work: Unix, literature, poetry, international politics, and sodomy.

I know soooooo many women who fit this description.
Not all of them, of course, but a whole bunch.
And I've been on both sides: the dick who doesn't pay attention to her, and the friend who just thinks "jesus christ, she's an idiot".
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 8, 2010,
Scenario 3: A girl says any of the following to you:
• "You're like a brother to me"
• "You're like a big teddy bear".
• "I feel like I can talk to you about anything"
• "You're so nice"
• "Can you help me with my homework"

I've slept with girls who've said all of the above.

In fact the bottom one was actually asking me to go round for that reason.

Looking back at it, the brother one is slightly odd...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You know someone can't get laid when they start blaming it on looks and money...

I think what people often mistake money and looks for, is confidence and charisma (and to a lesser extent authority). If you have charisma, people will want to look at you, and if you're confident, people want to be around you.
By authority, I don't mean real authority like being a judge or whatever, I mean authority in the way you are, the authority that you emit when you're charismatic and confident.

And I agree, anyone who can't get laid and blames it on money and looks certainly can't be writing "ladder theories"
I think the biggest mistake the 'researchers' there are making is mistaking money/power for social status. Social status is immensely important to attraction for both women and men. Having money is considered high social status for some people, but - if you have been out in the real world and might've noticed - having money is reaaaaally not an issue for attraction.

Social status can be created without money easily. Someone's personality, voice and body language says more about their status than how much they have in their bank account.
I thought that very first page was full of shit. I Have a very close female friend, and she knows I want to nail her. Our friendship is solid, cause she knows I'm trying to get with her.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by Kensai
I think the biggest mistake the 'researchers' there are making is mistaking money/power for social status. Social status is immensely important to attraction for both women and men. Having money is considered high social status for some people, but - if you have been out in the real world and might've noticed - having money is reaaaaally not an issue for attraction.

Social status can be created without money easily. Someone's personality, voice and body language says more about their status than how much they have in their bank account.

exactly.

Just like that old lady who won the lottery a gazillion times; no one here wants to bang here, quite the contrary
Quote by magnus_maximus
And I'm just putting it out there that stereotypes only exist because, largely, they are spot on.

it depends on how you look at it.

Let's take something the pit can totally relate to:

You're interested in a girl, are nice to her, listen to her when she needs an ear, and are always there for her.

You are friendzoned, and she dates someone who is, in the eyes of the friendzoned guy, stupid, uninteresting, treats the girl like crap etc etc.
Yet the guy bites the bullet, and still stays friends with the girl, and is there for her when she breaks up with her "stupid" boyfriend, hoping that one day she'll realise they were meant for each other (in his eyes).

Now, we can look at this from different sides:

The girl obviously thinks the guy is a good friend, but he offers her nothing that she would find attractive in a guy, mainly a thing I like to call "balls". She most likely knows said guy likes her, or at least suspects it, but never mentions it, because the guy doesn't have the "balls" to make the first move.
Most likely, this lack of "balls" manifests itself in other character traits of said male, and women notice this very quickly.

The guy obviously wants to tell the girl, but he's either scared of rejection, or scared of losing said girl as a friend, because most likely he not only wants to bone her, but really likes her as a friend as well. This lack of "balls" that I mentioned before doesn't necessarily mean that the guy is a wimp or a loser, but rather that he lacks the confidence or experience to deal with rejection or overcoming obstacles like that in a friendship.

The guy sees: "this chick is totally playing with his feelings, she's a cocktease and, like all women, goes for the stupid asshole jocks"

The girl sees: "The guy is a total wimp, he needs to get some 'balls' and confess his feelings already. Girls want a man, not a doormat"

Both are stereotypes, but both are very, very oversimplified, and I've seen this exact situation happen COUNTLESS times.

EDIT: one thing I WILL agree on with that website is that it is very rare for guys and girls to "just be friends", and I dunno about you guys, but of all the girls I've been friends with there are only a handful I wouldn't have sex with.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 8, 2010,
This only makes sense if:
A) you're a scabby little trickster yourself, and have to lie and suck up to get a girl to like you. Women only friend zone you if you act like a devoted slave. Being nice and sucking up are absolute pole opposites. Your best friends are the ones you can safely hate.
B)You're aiming just to sleep with someone, in which case, damn right she wont sleep with you if you aren't the healthiest male in the fucking room. Common sense. That shits like a purchase, and you're in the bargain bin.

Bottom line is if I'm being myself and a girl is showing absolutely no interest, then I'm off to talk to some of my friends. I don't want to get to know someone who doesn't even consider me on an equal playing field with them.

This whole business is annoying me....

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by CoreysMonster
it depends on how you look at it.

Let's take something the pit can totally relate to:

You're interested in a girl, are nice to her, listen to her when she needs an ear, and are always there for her.

You are friendzoned, and she dates someone who is, in the eyes of the friendzoned guy, stupid, uninteresting, treats the girl like crap etc etc.
Yet the guy bites the bullet, and still stays friends with the girl, and is there for her when she breaks up with her "stupid" boyfriend, hoping that one day she'll realise they were meant for each other (in his eyes).

Somewhat related
That's a really superficial way of seeing relationships. I mean, if you base your relations on this scale, you're condemned to short term relationships. :/
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I actually read all that Kjell. The ending made me laugh. The rest made me cry.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
So. ****ing. True
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Some of that is true. But a lot of it is kinda of harsh over exaggeration. There are some women who do really care about the "other 10% of bullshit". This article makes it seem like love is a complete amount of bull shit.

It's not.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I smiled when he said the pie-charts were based off years of scientific study, then went ahead and called all women *****s. Just like that.

"SCIENCE PROVES UR A *****!!1 ADMIT IT!#"
HAHA, no seriously. What DO you use a signature for?
Fuck my life that was an awesome comic.

As a member of the female species, I actively try to rise above the image of gold-digging, game-playing woman. It kind of chaps my ass when I hear shit like "you don't REALLY care about intelligence, sensitivity, etc." because fuck you, yes I do. And I honestly don't give a stir-fried shit about how wealthy a man is. I'm sick of people trying to break down humanity into this Darwinian test tube. Not that I think we're above animals and evolution, but I do think we've "evolved" past this sort of thinking. I mean, I hope.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Last edited by fail at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by magnus_maximus
I've yet to meet a woman who "rises above" the "Darwinian test tube" image of femalekind, sorry.

You roam the Pit, I doubt you've yet to meet a woman.

I don't consider "femalekind" to be what this article presents it as any more than I consider malekind to entail crotch scratching and beer bellies.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Read quite a bit of it. It just keeps going ON AND ON though. Somewhat true, though a lot of it sounds pretty tongue-in-cheek.

Either way, fucking depressing. Thanks TS
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Obviously this is not perfect, but the concept of it and the main principles of it make perfect sense. It's a good starting point, but I'm not sure if it even could be perfected. To those saying the money/power thing is wrong, if you would've read it, you would've realized power-social status are the same thing on the pie chart, and charisma, confidence, etc. is part of the Attraction section, along with looks, novelty, etc.

We actually learned the basis of attraction in one of my psychology classes in college, and this isn't too far from the truth. Women are instinctively attracted to features in a man that will ensure a better life for her child. ie. money equals greater quality of life, a muscular body equals protection for the child, good looks means that child is likely to be good looking themselves and have an advantage in finding his/her own mate, power equals securing a higher position for the child to be born into, ergo an advantage from the get go.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
That was hilarious, he has obviously either a) never been laid or b) rejected countless times.

Funny shit.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Omg Kensai, lmfao. where the hell did you find that?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?