Quote by ankthebank
Is it the mic? What are you using to record?

the factory mic on my little Acer Aspire One (netbook)
Ah, the mic's on that suck balls, I'm afraid. I should know, I've got one! Haha.
Try recording with a better mic. To e honest, you don't need anything expensive or fancy to get a decent sound. I use the voice recorder on my Blackberry!

I suggest using a phone/mp3 player to record the sound, and record yourself with the webcam, then overlay the sound onto the vid. I'm not to sue what software you'd need for that, but I assume windows movie maker would be able to do it relatively well.

However, if you're serious about recording yourself for youtube, or composing and recording your own songs, then certainly get a proper mic.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Most video recording software will let you select the microphone input, so you can use your Acer cam, but you don't have to use your Acer's built in mic. USB microphones are really good value these days - get yourself a cheap USB mic, and play around with mic positioning. If you can spend a bit more and get something decent, it will make a HUGE difference to your YouTube video sound. A good quality stereo USB mic will last you for years, and be useful for all sorts of recordings.
I've had the same problem before. When recording music, the wrong microphone can absolutely ruin the whole thing, and acoustic guitars are ESPECIALLY picky about this. And if you're hitting chords with a little dissonance (pretty much anything besides major and minor), forget about it. It's going to sound awful.

But there are options to fix this. Like people have already said, you can just cough up a little money to get a good microphone, but there's also something else you can do. This works well with electric guitars, but I imagine it will work almost as good if not just as good with an acoustic. There's some hardware that you can buy (should be available at your local guitar/music store) that you plug a pickup into, and in turn you can plug that hardware directly into your computer. Of course you would need to get a pickup if you don't have one, but the great thing about this method is that you shouldn't have to deal with annoying "clipping" like you would with a microphone. Plus that hardware usually comes with a whole bunch of cool built-in effects and some pretty sweet software.

I've never used that method before, though, so if anybody here has, correct me if I'm mistaken about how it works. I've just seen in used before.

Oh, yeah, the hardware I saw cost about $250 two or three years ago. If you look around you can probably find a used one that costs even less.