Somewhat of a noob question....I have an Ibanez 2570 with the Edge Zero trem. I have read that when I change strings it can help to block the trem. The rationale being that fewer parts move around and when it is restrung it should get back in tune faster and better. My questions are:
1. Does this sound right?
2. How can I make a homemade trem block?
3. Some have told me to put the trem block on the top side of the axe, under the fine tuners. Does this sound right or should the block go in the backside/under the back cover plate?

Thanks!
You can block it either way, I block my floyd with a knob from a mic stand shoved under the fine tuners. Works fine that way.

There's really no magic behind it... block it any way you can and change the strings. Just remember that its more complicated than that if you're going to down tune or something.
Set it up right and you wont have to block it, you have a great guitar with one of the best trems in the world and you want to block it. WHAT
Quote by sstony
Set it up right and you wont have to block it, you have a great guitar with one of the best trems in the world and you want to block it. WHAT

To clarify - I am not looking to permnanently block the trem - just something temporary (i.e, 30 minutes) while I change the strings. Wood block(s) slipped into place should do it you think? But I have read conflicting opinions on where to place them - under the fine tuners (ie on the front of the axe) or under the hood on the back of the axe. If on the front, how can I avoid damaging the fine tuners? Thanks!
Just find something to stick under the trem that makes it relatively level. I've used folded up paper and AAA batteries before. All worked fine with no damage.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Quote by jtmann
To clarify - I am not looking to permnanently block the trem - just something temporary (i.e, 30 minutes) while I change the strings. Wood block(s) slipped into place should do it you think? But I have read conflicting opinions on where to place them - under the fine tuners (ie on the front of the axe) or under the hood on the back of the axe. If on the front, how can I avoid damaging the fine tuners? Thanks!

Change one string at a time tuning the guitar after each string and stretching which is very important and you wont have any problems.
Quote by Xherion
Just find something to stick under the trem that makes it relatively level. I've used folded up paper and AAA batteries before. All worked fine with no damage.

+1
i used to put a normal wrench or allan wrench until i scratched my finish with a really rough edge wrench
i used a spoon ever since