hey,

what's the better overall tuning and string gauge for doom\drone (electric wizard and sleep) and grindcore stuff?

im using epiphone LP std with .10s atm with a jcm 900 sl-x but i might swap amps since this one won't take my fuzz pedals very well.

thanks
Are you playing in dropped tunings a lot? Thicker gauges allow for the higher tension as you know. But really I think you should probably try some heavier gauges for a while, then the next time you change try another different gauge so you can actually compare them and see how they handle to you..
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
no drop tunings, i was thinking in c or c# standard.

might try 11s for now, hope i won't need neck adjust.

thanks
Ahh sorry I meant lower tunings... Like what you play.

So you're going to want to try the heavier gauges so you can retain the tension in C standard or else your strings are liable to get flappy and loose.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Definately try 12's. 11's may be too loose... but then again, you're hearing this from a guy that uses 13-65's for Drop C...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"