Hey y'all,
My band has just recently begun to play gigs, and while I like my Peavey Valveking, it just isn't cut out for metal. So, I need to buy a new 'metal' amp. My budget is around $600 US Dollars. Some that I have been looking at include the Peavey Vypyr 120 head. And advice would be great. I play metal such as BTBAM, Animals as Leaders, Born of Osiris, etc. I need alot of gain, but I also need a nice clean channel as well. Thanks in advance!
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
look at the peavey 6505+ it's got alot more gain than the valve king and is slightly more powerfull so you will be fine your gigs
Quote by User_Name336
bugera 333 xl or 6262. try them out and you'll more than likely get one. great amps. worth a lot more than they cost.

Sweet, thanks guys! Alot of people have reccomended me the 6262. ill check both out at GC, thanks again!!
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Actually I'm really considering the Vypyr. i own the 75 watt vypyr and love it. But does the vypyr head maintain good sound, even when pushed hard??
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If you're going to get another Vypyr at least get the tube version. It's designed to make lots of different sounds, if you're only use 2 or 3 amps models it's a waste of money. And you need to get the footswitch too which is more money to spend.

Yeah, the head is the tube version. And I'll use more than three. Plus, it be nice to have the stuff I already use (Chorus, Pitch Shifter, Tremelo) All built into the amp.
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
I feel like I'm recommending this to everyine now.

Anyway, check out the Ultra series from Peavey. It's an early version of the triple X and JSX. The Bugera 333 and 333 XL are cheaper clones of these. High gain, nice clean channel.

Also, you could try to modify your Valveking.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
I feel like I'm recommending this to everyine now.

Anyway, check out the Ultra series from Peavey. It's an early version of the triple X and JSX. The Bugera 333 and 333 XL are cheaper clones of these. High gain, nice clean channel.

Also, you could try to modify your Valveking.

Ill look into it. I actually love SS amps the best though.
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Don't say you prefer SS over tube just because you prefer a Vypyr to a Valveking, it's a very low end tube amp!

Anyway, try out both and decide. It's all personal preference.

You are quite wrong my friend. Before my Valveking I owned the following; Peavey 5150 II, Randal V2.

I simply preffer solid state over Tube. Such do alot of people, and bands such as Lacuna Coil.

I do however agree that the Valvking is a low end Tube.
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Quote by TheFireWithinPA
You are quite wrong my friend. Before my Valveking I owned the following; Peavey 5150 II, Randal V2.

I simply preffer solid state over Tube. Such do alot of people, and bands such as Lacuna Coil.

I do however agree that the Valvking is a low end Tube.

i thought lacuna coil used spider valves and anyway i think that you should check out the bugeras, realy nice clean channes and great dist.
Gear:

Jackson DKMG pro
Schecter omen exreme 7
Tanglewood Che Guivara mk.1
Brunswick electro acoustic

peavey 412ms
some rack stuff