Recently my bass player suggested that i replace my stock Ibanez INF3 and INF4 with the Q-Tuner GL-6 Super High Z. What do you guys think?
I'm pretty sure this is probably in the wrong forum. But here goes...

The INF3 and INF4 are pretty bad to be honest, so upgrading is good. But first:

what style of music do you play?
what amp do you play through?

I haven't heard anything much in terms of how good the Q-tuners are... But it'd be way helpful if you could give us a little more info!
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
I play progressive metal through a Line 6 Spider III 150. I was looking at the EMG 81/60 or an 81/85 combo. But my friend told me that the Q-Tuners were way better.
Q Tuners have a very open, transparent sound. If that's what you want, maybe do so.

I personally think they sound great for jazz fusion stuff, but Tosin Abasi has them in an 8 string guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-lv9ltZ2cw
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Q-tuners can be really good. But from what Ive read and seen they can fairly finnicky to set up. Once their set up they are spectacular but then if you decide to change your style and tone a little they need adjusting. So I guess you need to decide if your into spending quality time setting them up or if you just want a pick-up that is versatile with little to no adjustment.

Also they are pretty expensive I would get a better amp first...
Q-tuners are in fact THE best pick ups out there in my mind. And swapping out your pickups with a pair or Q-tuners would completely change your guitar for the better. However, the thing you have to remember is that ONE Q-tuner pickup runs for about the same as the EMG SET of 81/85. And the EMG's are much more easy to set up. So if you want to pay the 300 some dollars for a set of Q-tuners and you have the time to set them up go that route. All in all you will get the most bang for your buck out of the EMG's.
There's no point in EMGs with that rig. EMGs are high-output and designed to overdrive a tube preamp, but he has a Spider III.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
EMG so are you suggesting the Q-tuners are better?
because the Q-tuners have an extremely strong output.
I don't know anything about Q-tuners. All I know is EMGs=high output active pups, and the high output is wasted on a SS amp. Plus I just don't think actives have much character in general from my experience.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Ill agree with you that there is no point in active pickups with that rig and EMG's are designed to overdrive a tube amp. However he said it himself that he is looking at EMG's and the Q-tuners. Out of the 2 I picked the EMG's. They are both high-output and pointless for that rig yes.
Making sure we where on the same page.

Also if you do have a tube amp I believe Q-tuners are one of the best pickups out there