How can i get a good electricwizrd\sleep tone out of hi gain amps?

i've been trying a couple fuzz pedals, the muff and the fz-2 through my jcm 900 sl-x and the tone completely sucks.

boosting the amp with OD gets into insane overdrive but it's still way too defined and mid voiced.

do i really need another amp?
Not sure i got what you meant but i tryed OD and it won't add natural fuzz for sure. This marshall no matter how overdriven it is, will always be clear.
I suggest turning the Treble down, and the bass and mids top.. and maybe less gain
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Bass amp and fuzz pedal is a classic for that type of music.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

FZ2 on the boost setting (setting 2... but a lot of people say setting 3 is better) into a CLEAN amp. A Soundcity120 is used most of the time... but they've used Crate, Orange and Matamp as well. Jus has used a Marshall recently though.

So...

SG guitar (Jus uses an Epi. i think Liz may use a Gibson) -> Boss FZ-2 -> clean Amp

I've also heard they use an OD pedal, but i haven't heard much on that....
yeah i know these type of bands use clean amps but i wanted to know if there's some kind of pedal that adds fuzz to highly overdriven amp.

but i guess there isn't so i might have to find a decent clean amp thanks
Quote by morkeg
yeah i know these type of bands use clean amps but i wanted to know if there's some kind of pedal that adds fuzz to highly overdriven amp.

but i guess there isn't so i might have to find a decent clean amp thanks

Yeah MOST of those bands use clean stuff like Sunn, Orange and Matamp and use pedals alone to get the dirt.

With a high gain amp you'd want something with a lot of bass boosting... a Bluebeard, Swollen Pickle, Bass Muff, Russian Muff, or a b:assmaster. So those may be worth checking out before you spend the $$$ on a clean amp.

If you do get a clean amp... many of those bands sware by the simple DOD250 overdrive pedal.