Page 1 of 2
Throughout a lot of help and advice I have chosen between a Ibanez RGA 75QM
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RGA72QM-Electric-Guitar-105805303-i1499759.gc
and a PRS se http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS-SE-Mikael-Akerfeldt-Electric-Guitar-423365-i1504568.gc Price wise I think the PRS is better but I am wondering what is better for metal and hard rock
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
E|5 Only Gingers and Dempsey can use!
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia, We pledge our orangeness to thee. We are so Frickin' white like candles in the night
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia We pledge our SPF Ging to thee
I haven't played either of them...but all I can say is that PRS is pretty nice. Would be perfect if it didn't have the huge Opeth O on the front of it. Not that its an ugly symbol...just a little too tacky.

I would say that it looks far beyond what the SE line has to offer.
Last edited by La_Deux_Machina at Jul 8, 2010,
IMO PRS SE'S are pretty lame i mean if your gonna get a prs than get an actual prs. not some factory made slab with the name stickered on. go with the rga ive always loved rga's especially the older ones that had fixed bridges. im pretty sure thats why they were supposed to be, fixed bridge, rg's but ibanez kinda turned it into a dual humbucker thing.

edit. for metal the ibanez for hard rock the prs. however your getting the bottom of the barrel prs or a mid level ibanez. i know that the real prs' are top notch but so are legit prestige so it comes down to what genre you play more of
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Last edited by Skagasm at Jul 8, 2010,
i'm a bit confused as to why the guitar you've got shown has a tremolo, when on the ibanez site it's a fixed brigde, but even if it does have one, it would have an edge III and i'd try to avoid that.
Opeth are a great band, PRS is a great company, so i'd saftly say that's a good guitar as well... but i've never had any experience with one.

The mid scoop switch on the ibanez could come in handy for heavy chuggin metal.

Usually, i'd say go the ibanez, but in this case i'd say for you to go for the PRS opeth guitar.

You should also look into the S series by ibanez, u can pick up a used S470 for **** all nowadays.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
You aren't getting a PRS. You're getting a PRS SE. Big difference.

Get the Ibanez.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Depends. I'd say if you play more lead, go with the Ibanez, but if you're more into the low riffing, go with the PRS.
Sig.
The Ibanez.

That Opeth PRS pisses me off. It's so damn gimmicky. I'm not a big fan of Opeth, but they don't seem like the band who'd have fans go out and buy a guitar with big dumb logos all over it. That's more of a glam band type thing, for people who can't really play the instrument. Not to mention it puts Akterfeldt on the same level as a whole bunch of other shitty endorsees who have signature PRS SE models. I mean, the guy from Cradle of Filth has a proper signature model, and CoF are (IMO) nowhere near as good as opeth.
the bridge on the prs slays the edge III in every imaginable way.

the prs is quality checked in MD, by two guys at prs. if it's not up to par, the headstock is cut off and it's parts are sent back to korea.

nobody does this with the ibanez guitars. they are nice guitars, don't get me wrong. i don't like the thin necks on ibanez RG guitars which is why i don't own one.

whoever said the prs isn't good for metal needs to log off and go play one.

try them both obviously.

and yea, a used MIJ ibanez "S" can be had for around $400. if you like the necks, i'd lean that way honestly.
Quote by mangomonkey2
I actually kind of liked the Opeth symbol

it will make you look like a big fanboy. plus its sig model so it has the specs of a guitar 200 bucks cheaper but than the special symbol adds some more too it.
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

I didnt even know there was a band called opeth, i thought it was some wierd symbol they decided to put on it
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia, We pledge our orangeness to thee. We are so Frickin' white like candles in the night
Quote by mangomonkey2
I didnt even know there was a band called opeth, i thought it was some wierd symbol they decided to put on it

for you sir

roland AC90

.....*crickets*....what the freak?!
For me it boils down to necks. Ibanez's necks are too big for my mammoth hands, so I'd go PRS; if the necks were different though, I'd say Ibanez. Since I don't know your body that well, I'll suggest the Ibanez for you, too.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I have big hands for a thirteen year old so by the time I have decided to get a newer and nicer guitar I will most likely have the hands of a 6' 5" person, so I'll take that into consideration when I test them out
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
Quote by gregs1020

the prs is quality checked in MD, by two guys at prs. if it's not up to par, the headstock is cut off and it's parts are sent back to korea.

nobody does this with the ibanez guitars. they are nice guitars, don't get me wrong. i don't like the thin necks on ibanez RG guitars which is why i don't own one.

try them both obviously.

and yea, a used MIJ ibanez "S" can be had for around $400. if you like the necks, i'd lean that way honestly.

Those guitars that come from korea to germany are checked by myself and some other workers and not by the good people of prs in the states, and Ibanez ( from jump start to prestige) are also checked by us before any of those guitars leave the house.
Quote by sstony
Those guitars that come from korea to germany are checked by myself and some other workers and not by the good people of prs in the states, and Ibanez ( from jump start to prestige) are also checked by us before any of those guitars leave the house.

that's not what i was told on the tour but that does make sense.

where do you work? a local shop in Germany?
Quote by gregs1020
that's not what i was told on the tour but that does make sense.

where do you work? a local shop in Germany?

We are the major distributor of all prs, ibanez, tama, D‘Addario, planet waves and a whole lot more just to name a few.
The american PRS are checked by a couple of guys in the states but not the se´s, also the american models are given another test and set up before they are sent out, as well as all Ibanez models. Some people seem to think that their guitars come straight from the factory, not true, they come to us first (european).
Quote by Pink Muse
For me it boils down to necks. Ibanez's necks are too big for my mammoth hands, so I'd go PRS; if the necks were different though, I'd say Ibanez. Since I don't know your body that well, I'll suggest the Ibanez for you, too.

What? I have an ibanez and its got a very slim neck...do rga's have different necks than rg's?
Quote by sstony
We are the major distributor of all prs, ibanez, tama, D‘Addario, planet waves and a whole lot more just to name a few.
The american PRS are checked by a couple of guys in the states but not the se´s, also the american models are given another test and set up before they are sent out, as well as all Ibanez models. Some people seem to think that their guitars come straight from the factory, not true, they come to us first (european).

cool.

well i do know that the SE's are checked here. at least the ones sold here in the us/canada/mexico. i met the guys testing them when i was there a few months ago, they friggin' shred btw. i'll ask about the european bound units. doug never mentioned that to us.

the americans are qc tested at the end of production. there are at least 3 qc benches that they cross. how finish flaws get past them i'll never know, but i've seen a few out there.
Quote by gregs1020
cool.

well i do know that the SE's are checked here. at least the ones sold here in the us/canada/mexico. i met the guys testing them when i was there a few months ago, they friggin' shred btw. i'll ask about the european bound units. doug never mentioned that to us.

the americans are qc tested at the end of production. there are at least 3 qc benches that they cross. how finish flaws get past them i'll never know, but i've seen a few out there.

Well they have along journey ahead of them, thats why they all get checked again just in case, temperature changes and stuff. Flaws may not be flaws in some of our eyes, they make the guitar what it is and stand out in some way or another.
My single cut does not have a 10 top but it looks like a 10 top to me. (pic´s in my profile).
I haven't played the PRS you showed, but you should stop hating on the PRS SE, they are pretty damn good for the price ! Mine at least does everything I want her to, and I'm pretty sure it could even do heavier things with hotter pickups !

The action is good etc. I don't know if the neck is the same as my Semi-hollow since both are supposedly "fat wide", but on mine it's really confortable to play.

Actually I've never played a guitar that felt so easy, in my opinion it was easier than the made in mexico fender strat of one of my buddies.

I don't know how it compares to ibanez, and I don't know the Mike Akerfeldt model, but saying that the SE line generally suck is just not true.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Quote by sstony
Well they have along journey ahead of them, thats why they all get checked again just in case, temperature changes and stuff. Flaws may not be flaws in some of our eyes, they make the guitar what it is and stand out in some way or another.
My single cut does not have a 10 top but it looks like a 10 top to me. (pic´s in my profile).

it makes sense to check them again, i don't doubt that. i personally set up guitars in the shop if they aren't set up right so they sell quicker.
nice satin top single cut you have, my mccarty isn't a 10 but it's a nice flame top. i think the grain around the tone knob is why, although i kid that it adds to the tone. my 513 is a 10, but it's not done yet. i'm hearing next week now.

TS - again, nothing wrong with either option but if you go ibanez, consider a MIJ used one.
Get the PRS and write a review on it. I want one.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
This month's Guitarist Magazine reviewed the 3 new SE models (Torero, Mikael Akerfeldt and Custom 24). They concluded the MA was the best and gave it their 'Guitarist Choice' stamp.

Sum up of what they said...

We like: Great neck; opulent looks; good weight
We dislike: The 'O' decal may put non-fans off
Guitarist says : This is a signature model that anyone could use. It looks great and what a neck!
The PRS SE's in the UK are tested and setup again by PRS once they get into the UK. If they are not up to standard they won't make it to the shops. I would just play a few guitars and see which one you like.
PRS SE's are actually built to PRS' specifications by PRS-trained manufacturers in Asia somewhere. I have an Ibanez Prestige, and for the money it's nothing special at all. I have the PGM401, and yet it sits collecting dust because my £200 Yamaha RGX is MUCH better.
I've played the Mikael Akerfeldt sig and it plays awesomely, whoever says PRS SE guitars aren't any good needs their head examined. Easily better than any Epiphone, Fender or Gibson I've ever played (and that's a lot of guitars) and fairly cheap considering. Still, wish they ade something like it without the Opeth Logo on it, I mean it's not like Mikael's one even has that on it
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by GilbertsPinky
I have an Ibanez Prestige, and for the money it's nothing special at all. I have the PGM401, and yet it sits collecting dust because my £200 Yamaha RGX is MUCH better.

LMAO yeah right the PGM is nothing special at all...hahaha I had a RGX and it was bullcrap compared to my prestiges

BTW pics or you're lying ..but still,it doesnt change the fact that you're an idiot

I am a guy who adores ibanez,but in this case I'd say the PRS is better
Quote by archenemyfan
LMAO yeah right the PGM is nothing special at all...hahaha I had a RGX and it was bullcrap compared to my prestiges

BTW pics or you're lying ..but still,it doesnt change the fact that you're an idiot

I am a guy who adores ibanez,but in this case I'd say the PRS is better

Pics or i'm lying? I've posted before because i'm selling it, but they're on Ebay so i don't want a warning. Search for it on ebay, it's up for £900 if you don't believe me.

And you clearly don't know what you're talking about little dude.

I actually complained to Ibanez about the quality of the guitar when i got it. The set up was appauling, there's a gap where the bolt on should be flush with the body, the action was terrible, it stays in tune for about 2 minutes, not to mention the fact that the nut binds and grabs terribly at the G and B strings, the finish on the SIDE of the neck was blemished when i got it...want me to continue? And for £1530 i expected it to come as if Mr Gilbert himself was going to play it, and it didn't.

So, if the fact that it costs a lot and is labelled 'Prestige' obviously makes me an idiot for preferring a £200 guitar which stays in tune, came with perfect action, had no blemish in it...well, then i must be an idiot.

And ps, douchebag, notice i said FOR THE MONEY. The guitar is worth it at £500, not £1500.
Last edited by GilbertsPinky at Jul 22, 2010,
Quote by GilbertsPinky
Pics or i'm lying? I've posted before because i'm selling it, but they're on Ebay so i don't want a warning. Search for it on ebay, it's up for £900 if you don't believe me.

And you clearly don't know what you're talking about little dude.

I actually complained to Ibanez about the quality of the guitar when i got it. The set up was appauling, there's a gap where the bolt on should be flush with the body, the action was terrible, it stays in tune for about 2 minutes, not to mention the fact that the nut binds and grabs terribly at the G and B strings, the finish on the SIDE of the neck was blemished when i got it...want me to continue? And for £1530 i expected it to come as if Mr Gilbert himself was going to play it, and it didn't.

So, if the fact that it costs a lot and is labelled 'Prestige' obviously makes me an idiot for preferring a £200 guitar which stays in tune, came with perfect action, had no blemish in it...well, then i must be an idiot.

And ps, douchebag, notice i said FOR THE MONEY. The guitar is worth it at £500, not £1500.

you're kidding me right?listen big dude...

no blemishes mentioned on the ad....warning?you get a warning if you post a picture of your guitar?post a pic that is not on the ebay AD

Setup is purely subjective..I liked the factory setup that comes with ibbys,not that low and not that high...thats a null point

a gap?even some 2500$ bolt ons have a tiny gap on the neck joint...it is very hard to get one without a small gap at all(less than a MM,but if it is more than 1mm it is a problem..not every guitar is perfect..I have seen far worse problems(including dead frets,wrong locking nuts) on some high end ESP's)

I can comment on the going out of tune problem,maybe you've received the ultimate lemon ever produced by ibanez,cause the ones I played stayed in tune perfectly,and I know some owners who adore them

blemished?blame that to shop man,if its blemished they should mention it,its not ibanez's fault..you're blaming it on them like there arent any blemished guitars other than that in the world o_O,did you buy it directly from the factory at fujigen?

first of all let me tell you about my RGX a2,yeah the one with the fancy AIR construction and everything

dead frets everywhere with low action(not even silly low)
Part of the headstock plastic and its glued on rather sloppily
tuners gave up after a year or so
the paint,my god its as if it has no clearcoat at all,its that thin,you can scratch it with your fingernails
soldering is not very good(but then again,you cant expect great quality for that price)
the neck was not flush with the pocket(but thats not a problem,I just mentioned because it is one for you)
the whole guitar costs 500$ or so and the body wood is agathis
Uncrowned frets

and oh,I almost forgot some design flaws

the pickup selector is useless..I never could change pickups in between songs
the truss rod cover is at the end of the fret board,and its very hard to access

I sold it...hated it

BTW I own two prestiges and they stay in tune perfectly,neck is flush with the body*only a very small gap,is finished perfectly and of course they are totally worth the price

saying that a 200 guitars is better than a 1500 guitars is INSANE...just like the epiphones and agiles are better than gibsons arguement...pure Bullshit

and made in "somewhere in asia" proves that you really know your facts..yeah

BTW a PGM401 aint a prestige,it is finished upto or even better standards than prestiges..then I guess all ibanez guitars are low quality crap,yeah every prestige..
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 22, 2010,
Quote by GilbertsPinky
PRS SE's are actually built to PRS' specifications by PRS-trained manufacturers in Asia somewhere. I have an Ibanez Prestige, and for the money it's nothing special at all. I have the PGM401, and yet it sits collecting dust because my £200 Yamaha RGX is MUCH better.

SE`s are built in Korea, and no £200 Yamaha RGX is nor will they ever be better then an Ibanez prestige.
I don't know too much about PRS, but I know a lot about Ibanez.

You would not be disappointed with an old RG, Iceman, JEM or SA. They are highly moddable, retain their value, and sound great. Basswood gives it that "Ibanez Feel". In my opinion, you're much better off finding a Japanese Ibanez. The quality is great, they are built like a tank, and the woods seemed perfect. MIJ is the secret with Ibanez, unless you have 3 grand to drop on a new JEM, those are definitely bad ass, Most new RGs are good, but the Japanese versions are so much more solid. The one your looking at is made in Indonesia I believe. I've had two of them, they are still great, but Japanese is better. Built to last.

The original edge and edge pro are great Tremolos. You can find some really bad Edge III, and really good Edge III. I suggest going into the guitar shop and working the hell out of the Edge III on the guitar you're currently interested in to make sure it's setup right and quality, not falling out of tune.

One last thing - the original wizard on the old japanese models is SICK. Now I've played on a Wizard II plenty, and it's fast, but nothing beats an orginal Wizard neck. Make sure you get the re-enforced version if you're a tremolo abuser.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Last edited by guitar nubsauce at Jul 22, 2010,
SE`s are built in Korea, and no £200 Yamaha RGX is nor will they ever be better then an Ibanez prestige.

Uhm...well i'm telling you mine is. But hey, it's all subjective, no? Opinions can be a cúnt can't they. So, i'm TELLING you, it is better. In my opinion. Regardless of what you say.

I can comment on the going out of tune problem,maybe you've received the ultimate lemon ever produced by ibanez,cause the ones I played stayed in tune perfectly,and I know some owners who adore them

Seriously, the G and B are an absolute PAIN to tune. Nut grabbing is a serious issue. On a £500 guitar? Who cares. On a £1500 guitar you expect near-perfection. A guitar that doesn't stay in tune well is a shít guitar.

first of all let me tell you about my RGX a2,yeah the one with the fancy AIR construction and everything

Who was talking about that model? And besides, i may have just gotten lucky and ended up with an awesome guitar out of a line of shítty guitars....either way, it plays better and stays in tune better, and is better intonated than the Ibanez. Aside from the playing bit this is not opinion, it is fact.

and made in "somewhere in asia" proves that you really know your facts..yeah

I play guitars, i don't read up my 'where they were built facts'. I'm sorry you decided to throw some sort of 'DONT DISS MY IBANEZ ' bítchy hiss-fit just because i decided i like a £200 guitar over some horrendously over-priced-for-what-it-is-and-only-cause-it's-a-sig-model Ibby. I really am sorry if this hurt your feelings. My posts will come wrapped in cotton wool in future.

BTW a PGM401 aint a prestige,it is finished upto or even better standards than prestiges..then I guess all ibanez guitars are low quality crap,yeah every prestige..

I suppose the big 'PRESTIGE' logo on the invoice, hard case and certificate of authenticity in massive letters proves this to be false.
Quote by gregs1020

try them both obviously.

This pretty much sums it up.

Indeed the PRS Se's aren't as good as the PRS guitars most people are familiar with.

Though the PRS SE's I've played so far had better tone, better necks and a way better feel than any Dean, Gibson or LTD up to 1000 euros.

The SE's were half that price

So yeah, I have a RGA, but I'd get either an SE or a 2nd hand MIJ S, build quality and feel are so much better on those.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
]Uhm...well i'm telling you mine is. But hey, it's all subjective, no? Opinions can be a cúnt can't they. So, i'm TELLING you, it is better. In my opinion. Regardless of what you say.

Quote by GilbertsPinky
Seriously, the G and B are an absolute PAIN to tune. Nut grabbing is a serious issue. On a £500 guitar? Who cares. On a £1500 guitar you expect near-perfection. A guitar that doesn't stay in tune well is a shít guitar.

It has gotoh tuners,some of the best in the business..and PS,just because your one was defective doesnt mean that all others are....I've seen many other expensive guitars with faults

Who was talking about that model? And besides, i may have just gotten lucky and ended up with an awesome guitar out of a line of shítty guitars....either way, it plays better and stays in tune better, and is better intonated than the Ibanez. Aside from the playing bit this is not opinion, it is fact.

its a RGX,and you didnt specify a model..you just said RGX..and the model I talked about also belongs to the RGX line..intonation?Pfft,thats the easiest thing to do on a fixed bridge guitars..its fixable..and thats a fact..both null points..again

I play guitars, i don't read up my 'where they were built facts'. I'm sorry you decided to throw some sort of 'DONT DISS MY IBANEZ ' bítchy hiss-fit just because i decided i like a £200 guitar over some horrendously over-priced-for-what-it-is-and-only-cause-it's-a-sig-model Ibby. I really am sorry if this hurt your feelings. My posts will come wrapped in cotton wool in future.

if you're interested in guitars you will..dont talk about "facts" if you dont know em..

BTW I dont have a PGM,and for that matter I dont believe you do either..hmm i thought you were generalizing all ibbys

I suppose the big 'PRESTIGE' logo on the invoice, hard case and certificate of authenticity in massive letters proves this to be false.

but it isnt...JEM's and JS's also come with prestige cases and certificates,but technically they arent..even chris brodericks custom ibanez has a prestige logo(even though its not one)

but If you look at it from that perspective,all 1000+ ibanez guitars are prestiges..as they are mainly finished up to prestige standards(or even better,JC standards)and are made by the same people

look,if there were numerous other reports like this I'd call that a bad guitar,it seems to me that you have received an ultimate lemon,dont just generalize all ibanez guitars cause ONE of them had a little issue of it going out of tune(like other high end guitars from high end companies doesnt have them)for example take a gibson Les paul,I've seen many with imperfect string alignment...but still,they are great guitars..I love em

But I'm not that stupid,Id take a PGM401 over a crappy RGX anyday,even it had nut binding..Id simply file it down,fix the intonation and set it up...the quality is heaps better with much better hardware and wood..you get what you pay for

I'm done..
Well OK!

Ive got PRS SE Tremonti
-600euro or so
-solid mahogany body
-set-in mahogany neck
-fingerboard and body with binding
-stoptail bridge
-2x humbucker PRS pickups
-PRS tuners
-DOT inlays
-includes gig bag (btw this one is very nice)

Ive got it for about 3months. Its not that heavy like LP but not too light too. Neck is a little bit thinner if i compare it to LP necks. PRS tuners are insane. Mostly im using standart tuning or drop D and i can play many, many hours without any retuning (im using d'addario .10-.46 nikel). Pickups can do many stlyles. Bridge pickup is very good for rock, hardrock stuff, punk, metal aswell, neck pickup with tone at 0 gives me sound ala slash. I have no fret buzz, dead note, or any shit happens mystake on this guitar. It has been made in Korea but its crafted very, very well. Im playing with blackstar ht-5 combo.

Ive compared this guitar with many ESP's LTD (ec-400 with seymour duncan's, ec-401 with EMGs, ...) but this guitar just owned them. Ive got better feeling with it and it sounds better for me. ITS VERY GOOD guitar for 600euro.
if you're interested in guitars you will..dont talk about "facts" if you dont know em..

BTW I dont have a PGM,and for that matter I dont believe you do either..hmm i thought you were generalizing all ibbys

If i ever get bothered by the fact that an internet nobody disputes which guitar i have, i'll be sure to stop practicing and take the time to upload some photos here.

but it isnt...JEM's and JS's also come with prestige cases and certificates,but technically they arent..even chris brodericks custom ibanez has a prestige logo(even though its not one)

but If you look at it from that perspective,all 1000+ ibanez guitars are prestiges..as they are mainly finished up to prestige standards(or even better,JC standards)and are made by the same people

look,if there were numerous other reports like this I'd call that a bad guitar,it seems to me that you have received an ultimate lemon,dont just generalize all ibanez guitars cause ONE of them had a little issue of it going out of tune(like other high end guitars from high end companies doesnt have them)for example take a gibson Les paul,I've seen many with imperfect string alignment...but still,they are great guitars..I love em

But I'm not that stupid,Id take a PGM401 over a crappy RGX anyday,even it had nut binding..Id simply file it down,fix the intonation and set it up...the quality is heaps better with much better hardware and wood..you get what you pay for

I'm done..

About time.

To original poster:

My point was that a cheaper PRS is going to be better than a cheap Ibanez. Or probably an expensive Ibanez. That is all.
Gilbert'sPinky, looks like you got a total lemon. Did you buy it new or second hand? Maybe whoever you bought it from had assembled it from bits of old guitars, and that's why it sucks, or they'd taken it to bits and put it back together poorly. That really sucks though, Ibanez quality is usually second to none once you get to Prestige levels.

TS, I'd definitely take the PRS but if you could try them both out that'd definitely be smarter cos you can decide for yourself.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Page 1 of 2