I have a 100W Tube amp and its my first really loud amp. I always noticed this when i played at REALLY high volumes like half of full volume for the amp. I never really thought it was a concern but ill ask anyway. Is it because of the air movement of the speakers? Because every time it rattles and i put my hand near the tubes or speakers, there is alot of air movement. Thanks
Guitars
Paul Reed Smith: Mike Mushok Baritone w/BKP Juggernaut's
Ibanez: RG321MH

Alvarez: MD-60C
Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Modded 2004 XTC 101B Module
Stock Treadplate Module
I started to freak out when my amp was doing this. Then i cleaned my room and it went away.
So it's probably something else in ur room vibrating.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Hey Man, I had a similar problem when I bought a new Peavey amp last year.
The reason for these rattles is actually pretty simple and less worrying-- its simply because the heavy bass and treble usually makes the amp casing rattle and vibrate against itself, causing that annoying vibration everytime you pluck a string!
To reduce the vibrations or stop them all together, you can get some strips of spongy foam and put them between the casing pieces which form the amp outer body... however, this would require you to unscrew the amp etc, which takes time, and increases the chances of damage being done on your baby!
So, its best to just put up with it I quess.. Oh, you could experiment putting the amp on different surfaces? For example, a heavy carpet rug MAY absorb more of the bass sound, therefore reducing rattle? emphasis on 'may' there!
Hope this is useful? Check out forums specifically created for your amp model, there may be people with similar problems there.
Hm alright guys. I guess ill just put up with it haha. Im glad its not a concern to be worried about though. Its on wheels so the carpet i have it the room really isnt absorbing it so maybe ill experiment on things haha. Thanks again.
Guitars

Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Stock Treadplate Module
if you are not moving the cab take the casters off
put on a thick heavy carpet remnant (left over square) cheap or free.
tighten all the screws on the speakers
tighten screws on outside of amp
what amp is this?
put some foam or blankets between head and cab
get a long speaker cable and move head as far away from cab as possible to troubleshoot
i'd try playing it some where else before taking it apart, or even putting up with it.
Go jam at ur mates house RIGHT NOW, and see what happens. That's when how i found my problem out.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
if you are not moving the cab take the casters off
put on a thick heavy carpet remnant (left over square) cheap or free.
tighten all the screws on the speakers
tighten screws on outside of amp
what amp is this?
put some foam or blankets between head and cab
get a long speaker cable and move head as far away from cab as possible to troubleshoot

The amp is a Randall RM100 and its not the head and cab version. Its the combo version, so i dont know if that plan will work well.
Guitars

Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Stock Treadplate Module
Oh i love the amp, its amazing. Probably one of the most underrated amp series out there. The Randall MTS series. Yeah i can run an extension cab to it but id rather not do all of that. Im pretty sure its not a tube rattle, they are secure. This only happens at really high volumes not bedroom volume. It also doesn't seem like a huge problem either since its not damaging the amp so.
Guitars

Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Stock Treadplate Module
Quote by Aamir3425
Buy a new amp? Lol

Now, why would i buy a new amp? Since i love this amp because it sounds EXACTLY like a Fender, Bogner, and Mesa Boogie at the same time, since they are the pre-amps i have in the amp. It was $2,000. Im not returning an amp that has a stupid problem that i can just simply ignore. The quality on this amp is amazing.
Guitars

Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Stock Treadplate Module
Quote by Aamir3425
Was only joking man :p

Oh, alright hahaha.
Guitars

Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Stock Treadplate Module
Me and the other guitarist in my band sometimes play a game with our combos where we strum real heavy on the 6th string and see who's amp can vibrate around 360 degrees the fastest. :p
Quote by Tallica9000
Me and the other guitarist in my band sometimes play a game with our combos where we strum real heavy on the 6th string and see who's amp can vibrate around 360 degrees the fastest. :p

Haha, my Peavy Vypyr can nearly do that
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?