On my recent post "Metal Distortion Pedals" many of you said i need a new amp. Now i have $220 because my birthday apparently is today

So if you don't know my current gear is
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Silvertone SRK1
Marshall MG15FX

So I'm looking for an Amp that can handle metal, mostly thrash.
Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, and Pantera are a few examples.
I'm more like a "tone chaser" like EVH
You can't be much of a tone chaser with $220.
Save up more and get something you wont want to replace 2 months later.
Quote by consecutive e
You can't be much of a tone chaser with $220.
Save up more and get something you wont want to replace 2 months later.

well i just recently spent $1400 on my Gibson.... in 2 months with my pay i would have around $200 more... Thanks for the tip
If you're really into guitar and see yourself playing in the future...keep that $220 and save up for something that will last you. I wouldn't recommend buying an amp that functions as a stepping stone, pick up something that will do what you need for some time. There are plenty of good amps that will last and don't cost thousands of dollars.

Just a thought, if you have a job (dunno how old you are) or source of income...what about talking to your parents and maybe see if they can help out, set up a plan to pay back the money over time and go from there? Kinda dumb sounding I know but it may help with budgeting if the money may not be laying around to make a big one time purchase.
Quote by SilverRock113
well i just recently spent $1400 on my Gibson.... in 2 months with my pay i would have around $200 more... Thanks for the tip

Spending $1400 on a guitar and then plugging it into a cheapo amp doesn't seem a little off to you? You'd basically be polishing a turd.
I would suggest you save a bit more (maybe $250 - 300) and get a used Peavey 5150 combo or Marshall JCM2000 DSL combo.