Page 1 of 2
Alright so I've been looking for a cheap guitar (the economy hit me kinda hard) but i want some quality to it. I found this site http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html and I feel that its too good to be true. There must be a catch. I'm specifically looking at this guitar: http://www.rondomusic.com/product2005.html

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?
No catch. Although just so you know, you'll be much better off going with an Agile from that same site. Far superior to Douglas and SX.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
I don't know why you would think this was some unbelievable deal. There are lots of affordable copy brands out there; this is just one of them. It's not like it's going to be Gibson/ESP/Fender/PRS/etc quality. I'm not saying it's going to be an awful guitar, but you get what you pay for.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
I don't know why you would think this was some unbelievable deal. There are lots of affordable copy brands out there; this is just one of them. It's not like it's going to be Gibson/ESP/Fender/PRS/etc quality. I'm not saying it's going to be an awful guitar, but you get what you pay for.

well sorry but whenever i look around for guitars like these i have to pay alot more than this. i honestly dont care if its not a top notch fender, i just want a decent cheap guitar that wont die on me.
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?
no cacth. its just a run-o-the-mill cheap copy. its never going to sound or play all that well (sorry agile owners, they arent that good) but its a reasonable guitar and certainly a decent deal for the money
That guitar will do you fine. Part of the reason they can be sold so cheap is because they're only sold through Rondomusic.com and they don't advertise(they only started making Agile shirts like a month ago).
I already have a Douglas SIV-41(or some thing like that) it's the guitar that the Douglas Debeo replaced(more or less). It's still going strong, the tone is a bit weak and the pickups aren't super great but it's a good guitar and I'm going to have it for a long time.
Like someone else said, Agile has better quality but that comes at a noticeable price increase.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go order my Halo now maybe the WT-460
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Like you´ve heard before, you get what you pay for. Shit is what you´ll get if you get one of those guitars, looks are decieving. Better save for something better you´ll be thankful that you did.
you can actually hear a lot of these guitars on youtube.

i wouldnt get that particular guitar i have heard a lot of not so great things about it. i would spend the extra dough and get an agile. one thing you have to understand about the douglas guitars is they are beginner guitars. if youve been playing for a while you may want to do some upgrades.
This is where my money's going after I get my Bugera (or Line 6 Jam, I haven't decided) http://www.rondomusic.com/product1891.html
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Why?

Your in the Uk, so once you pay for the guitar, shipping and tax when it gets here you might as well have bought a far superior guitar in the form of a 2nd hand LTD EC400 instead...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Why?

Your in the Uk, so once you pay for the guitar, shipping and tax when it gets here you might as well have bought a far superior guitar in the form of a 2nd hand LTD EC400 instead...

What's the specs on the LTD? and can I get it with EMGs and a similar blue finish?
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm

Quote by Mazz211
What's the specs on the LTD? and can I get it with EMGs and a similar blue finish?

Used LTD EC-1000 in STB.

The guitar he wants is £65, the LTD EC-1000 is like £750 new used probably still quite a bit. How much is rondo musics international shipping and stuff? can't find any info on the website
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Used LTD EC-1000 in STB.

Screw the Agile! I want that! EMG 81/60 right?
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm

yeah, if not it is an 85 which is just ass good, if your willing to work with it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Mazz211
Screw the Agile! I want that! EMG 81/60 right?

Yeah. I see them go around $500 USD used... Not sure what that is Euros or where ever you come from :P
For reference, I'm guessing the people telling you that Rondo's stuff, and specifically Agiles, are poor quality, have never owned or even played one.

I own a Douglas guitar that I paid $170 for and my friend has an SX strat that I belive was around $150.

Both are great playing guitars. Yes they have the weak electronics you'd expect out of a low-end import, and my Douglas has some paint flaws, but the construction, materials, and playability are all top notch. And when you go into the higher end Agile instruments, you only get even better.

Not to mention that the guy who owns Agile is known for his service, and if your guitar comes and has a problem, he'll gladly return it or exchange it.

Don't let these naysayers sway you because the fact of the matter is, since these guitars are only available through Rondo, the vast, vast majority of people who don't own one have never played one, and are therefor talking out of their asses.

And if you read the reviews you'll see that the vast majority of owners love their rondo instruments.

So who should you trust?
Last edited by FullDistortion at Jul 8, 2010,
But if your in the UK they are NOT any good

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Yeah. I see them go around $500 USD used... Not sure what that is Euros or where ever you come from :P

About £350-£450 somewhere between that, So i'm all good with that ^_^
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm

Quote by Tom 1.0
But if your in the UK they are NOT any good

I won't comment on the benefits of buying domestically vs. shipping in when shipping is expensive, because I don't know what guitar prices are like in the UK.

WHat I'm talking about are the people who say things like

"Like you´ve heard before, you get what you pay for. Shit is what you´ll get if you get one of those guitars, looks are decieving."

and

"no cacth. its just a run-o-the-mill cheap copy. its never going to sound or play all that well (sorry agile owners, they arent that good) but its a reasonable guitar and certainly a decent deal for the money"
Quote by FullDistortion
I won't comment on the benefits of buying domestically vs. shipping in when shipping is expensive, because I don't know what guitar prices are like in the UK.

WHat I'm talking about are the people who say things like

"Like you´ve heard before, you get what you pay for. Shit is what you´ll get if you get one of those guitars, looks are decieving."

and

"no cacth. its just a run-o-the-mill cheap copy. its never going to sound or play all that well (sorry agile owners, they arent that good) but its a reasonable guitar and certainly a decent deal for the money"

Well maybe you dont know what a good guitar is then, because if they were as good as you think they are they would´nt be sold at those prices. There is a reason why they are sold so cheap, it´s because they are cheap and for beginners and nothing more.
Quote by sstony
Well maybe you dont know what a good guitar is then, because if they were as good as you think they are they would´nt be sold at those prices. There is a reason why they are sold so cheap, it´s because they are cheap and for beginners and nothing more.

Solid demonstration of ignorance.

They're sold so cheap because 1) there's no middleman, and 2) there is no brand name attached to them.

When you buy a Gibson, how much do you think you get charged for the brand name, prestige and "years of history" that come along with it?

The sooner people with no clue stop commenting on guitars they haven't played, the better off we'll all be.

Agiles are of equal or better quality to many, many guitars that are double or more their cost. But a large group of people will automatically write them off (even though they've never touched one) because they're cheap and have no name-brand recognition.

Those people are entitled to their opinions, but people should take them for what they're worth. Nothing.
Last edited by FullDistortion at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by FullDistortion
Solid demonstration of ignorance.

They're sold so cheap because 1) there's no middleman, and 2) there is no brand name attached to them.

When you buy a Gibson, how much do you think you get charged for the brand name, prestige and "years of history" that come along with it?

The sooner people with no clue stop commenting on guitars they haven't played, the better off we'll all be.

Agiles are of equal or better quality to many, many guitars that are double or more their cost. But a large group of people will automatically write them off (even though they've never touched one) because they're cheap and have no name-brand recognition.

Well you keep playing with those toys and I´ll play with real instruments.
Its simple. bro...
just send Kurt an email, and inquire about shipping to where u are...
If you're on a budget, just look around shops in your area for lesser known brands... and try them out.. see if the neck feels good, and it plays well, etc.
electronics will not be as good as more expensive guitars, thats for sure, but if it plays well, and fits within your budget, go for it!
OR, you could always go used, but make sure u inspect used guitars meticulously before purchasing them.

I was gonna order an interceptor pro 727 from rondomusic, but i live in Dubai (middle east), and shipping would be sort of unrealistic in my case.

If u live in the UK, you should check out Vintage Guitars! Theyre like the Agile for the UK.
http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html
Last edited by nishthefish at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by sstony

That's not true. I've bought a Douglas SIV-45 from there, and it surprised me, completely. $100 guitar, and it played better than my $200 Ibanez and my $300 Epiphone. The electronics weren't the best, as said, but also as said, the construction was ****ing solid.

Guitars from Rondo are not "just for beginners". With mods like pickup swaps, maybe new tuners, they are easily good enough to use as main guitars.

Don't be an asshat just because you're an elitist.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by sstony

It's funny, because you think you're being clever, but you're actually just demonstrating how closed minded you are.

You're exactly the kind of guy companies like Gibson and Fender love, because you're completely incapable of thinking for yourself. After all, you know what a good guitar is! It's what they tell you it is!

Anything else is a toy! Right?

If people don't go "oooh!" when they see the headstock of your guitar, then you MUST be playing a POS toy.

Right?
Quote by sstony

Well, Sami from Necrophagist played a white Agile flying V live, at Summer Slaughter.
Check out the live video if u wanna see how well it plays and how it sounds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hyLdfMxJJM

Keith Merrow, another notable guitarist plays many agiles, and his agile's sound ****in proper too!!

NEVER judge guitars by brand name, ive seen and played many no-name guitars which play WAAY better than gibsons and fenders.
Quote by FullDistortion

You're exactly the kind of guy companies like Gibson and Fender love, because you're completely incapable of thinking for yourself. After all, you know what a good guitar is! It's what they tell you it is!
And you're being exactly the kind of guy companies like Agile and Vintage love because "**** the corporations, they're fleecing you for plywood, herp a derp a derp derp."

I've played Agiles, amongst many other copy brands. Frankly they're all exactly the same and yes, you do get what you pay for. If you pay £100 for a guitar you are not going to get quality woods or electronics. You're not getting quality craftsmanship. No, Gibsons and Fenders do not cost ten times the price of some generic MIC copy just because they've got a recognisable headstock. No, it is not their evil, greedy plan to fleece everyone; in fact if you had the slightest clue, you would know that it's not the manufacturer who decide how much any instrument costs, it's the distributor and the shops. That is exactly why your beloved Agile guitars can be so cheap, because they're cutting out the shops and there's only the distributor (Rondo Music) to contend with.

If you don't like Gibson or Fender or any other company and you've got a legitimate reason for it, fine. Lots of people don't like their necks and other people don't like their body styles. Some people don't like DiMarzio because of their legitimately shady business practices; some people don't like Ernie Ball and Dean because of their false endorsements. Those are all fair reasons for not supporting a given company. What I can't stand though is pig-headed ignorance and stupidity. Bitching and crying because you've conjured up some fictional conspiracy in your head is bloody silly and a waste of everyones' time. Anyone with half a working brain can tell the difference between a MIA Fender and a typical copy brand Strat. If you can't then either you're too damn dense or you're being willfully ignorant to prove some inane, convoluted point that bears no resemblance to reality.

OP: I'm sure you get the point by now. Nobody is saying that guitar will be some terrible engine of death which is going to set your house on fire the second you unbox it. Just be aware that you do get what you pay for and just because something looks nice in pictures does not mean it's going to be anything special. You might get it and love it; for the money, it could be fantastic. Just don't fool yourself into thinking it's going to compete with an ESP V, Gibson Flying V, etc.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by FullDistortion
It's funny, because you think you're being clever, but you're actually just demonstrating how closed minded you are.

Anything else is a toy! Right?

If people don't go "oooh!" when they see the headstock of your guitar, then you MUST be playing a POS toy.

Right?

You seen my gear, I know. I take pride in what I have, I work hard for this.
I know a good guitar when I play one, I set up and test guitars for a living and I also know what kind of shit you´ll get for a $100, some saw dust and glue. I´m not trying to dis anyones guitar here, but fact is and you know just as well as everyone else that shit is shit no matter what color you paint it.
Quote by MrFlibble
And you're being exactly the kind of guy companies like Agile and Vintage love because "**** the corporations, they're fleecing you for plywood, herp a derp a derp derp."

I've played Agiles, amongst many other copy brands. Frankly they're all exactly the same and yes, you do get what you pay for. If you pay £100 for a guitar you are not going to get quality woods or electronics. You're not getting quality craftsmanship. No, Gibsons and Fenders do not cost ten times the price of some generic MIC copy just because they've got a recognisable headstock. No, it is not their evil, greedy plan to fleece everyone; in fact if you had the slightest clue, you would know that it's not the manufacturer who decide how much any instrument costs, it's the distributor and the shops. That is exactly why your beloved Agile guitars can be so cheap, because they're cutting out the shops and there's only the distributor (Rondo Music) to contend with.

If you had the desire (or perhaps the ability) to read, you might have noticed that I already made that exact point in one of my earlier posts.

And for reference, GIbson has a VERY big hand in determining what the guitars cost because the buck starts with them. EVeryone down the chain bases their price off of whatever margin they want to make. Just like almost all retail.

Gibson isn't putting out guitars at fantastic prices and then having distributors and retailers jack them up to insane prices. Gibson sets the price they sell at. And Gibson lists the "MSRP". THen the distributors and retailers make their mark-ups.

That's not a conspiracy though. It's called business. But the fact is anyone who doesn't think that a nice chunk of the money they pay for that shiny new Gibby isn't due to the brand name is kidding themselves.

If you don't like Gibson or Fender or any other company and you've got a legitimate reason for it, fine. Lots of people don't like their necks and other people don't like their body styles. Some people don't like DiMarzio because of their legitimately shady business practices; some people don't like Ernie Ball and Dean because of their false endorsements. Those are all fair reasons for not supporting a given company. What I can't stand though is pig-headed ignorance and stupidity. Bitching and crying because you've conjured up some fictional conspiracy in your head is bloody silly and a waste of everyones' time. Anyone with half a working brain can tell the difference between a MIA Fender and a typical copy brand Strat. If you can't then either you're too damn dense or you're being willfully ignorant to prove some inane, convoluted point that bears no resemblance to reality.

LMAO. The only one who'se conjured something up here is you. I never once said there was any kind of conspiracy. I never once said an Agile was as good as a Gibson or a USA Fender. I never once bitched or cried.

I simply said that the quality of Agiles is as good as or better than many guitars more than double their price and that anyone who writes them off as shit just because they're cheap is completey ignorant.

And that's completely true. You yourself just admitted that one of the reasons they're so cheap is their business model.

You're the one who conjured up all this conspiracy garbage because you obviously took great offense to me stating the fact that most people who down on Agiles do it because of the price and/or the name on the headstock, not because of their experience playing them.

I'll say it again folks. You can listen to elitists on a message board who've probably never touched one in their entire lives, OR you can listen to the people who actually own and play them.

There is a reason the buzz around these guitars is so big. And there is a reason that they get such good reviews, and there is a reason that people who own them love them.

So trust who you want. But anyone who says things like "crap is crap and agiles are crap" or anything of the like, clearly doesn't know thing one about what they're talking about.
Last edited by FullDistortion at Jul 9, 2010,
I'd say FullDistortion just gave rape.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
Quote by slashe50
I'd say FullDistortion just gave rape.

hahaha +1
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Common sense you get what you pay for don't take a essay to figure that out.
Last edited by needler420 at Jul 9, 2010,
I think people spend entirely too much time worrying about how expensive their gear is and not nearly enough time practicing. It's where the meat hits the metal folks.
Looks like a decent enough inexpensive guitar, slap some dragonfire pickups in it and I bet it won't sound half bad.
Quote by Megdidar
I think people spend entirely too much time worrying about how expensive their gear is and not nearly enough time practicing. It's where the meat hits the metal folks.
Looks like a decent enough inexpensive guitar, slap some dragonfire pickups in it and I bet it won't sound half bad.

lmao your already stating to mod a brand new guitar? maybe he should just get a upgrade to begin with?

I'm not saying its bad but i never even played a guitar ( still waiting to get a amp) and my first guitar was a used MIM fender.

to me this is the field where you invest a little extra and it goes a long way were not talking about some generic condiments here.

Not to knock down someones budget either i couldn't even afford my guitar and still can't with a amp i traded a xbox for my fender.

To me you buy generic soda, hygiene products, foods, and the stuff you can truly get away with. Now i don't even know a lot about guitars to even be talking I'm talking more out of a wise purchase. I know if i brought a guitar though then played it and took to a friends or what not if he had a guitar that played better with the same amount of experience id be jealous that i rushed a purchase if his guitar was around the same price. TC my opinion this is not something you want to rush just so you can look at some cool looking guitar that going to suck.

If your on a budget that bad yeah you may have no choice, but me personally id find a way to make some extra cash in what ever ways possible and treat yourself to something a little nicer something that makes you feel good in the end.
Last edited by needler420 at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by sstony

You've never owned an Agile have you? I haven't but I may be investing in one eventually.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by needler420

I'm not saying its bad but i never even played a guitar ( still waiting to get a amp) and my first guitar was a used MIM fender.

So the question then is how can you possibly comment one way or the other?

Lots of people mod brand new guitars. I've met people who bought brand new prestige RGs, beautiful guitars, but the pickups werent what they wanted. So slap, in went some new PUPs.

It happens all the time.
Quote by FullDistortion
So the question then is how can you possibly comment one way or the other?

Lots of people mod brand new guitars. I've met people who bought brand new prestige RGs, beautiful guitars, but the pickups werent what they wanted. So slap, in went some new PUPs.

It happens all the time.

Cool story I'm sure people mod new guitars lol im just making the best sense of this as i can and I'm about 80 % sure he won't know how to do that i don't even know how myself. Not something id recommend to someone starting out though i do hear its fairly easy. Still not worth the time and extra money for a beginner as i said in a previous post its not the smallest purchase when you add everything up amp. accessories, i wouldn't want to get stuff that id regret or never use in my personal opinion.

I mean basically like everyone else says its basic concept you usually get what you pay for "usually"
Page 1 of 2