Well I have a Bugera 333 half stack, and I run its line out into my bands PA. The only issue is, when it plays through the pa theres an immense treble boost, even though the EQ is neutral, and I have to completely lower the treble on the PA just to avoid my ears bleeding . But the weird thing is, its not just the PA speakers that are producing that high frequency, my cab also is receiving the treble boost, which makes no sense considering the line out is what the pa receives. The pa is a Behringer Eurorack UB2222FX, does anyone know what the hell is going on?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Some sort of feedback between the two? I'm not a technical guy but that would be my best guess.
Use a mic, not line out.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
heres an idea, use an actual guitar cab and not a PA. sorry but this was just a dumb question to being with. PA speakers are made for PA's, not for guitars........
Quote by phoenix_crush
Why would you run it into a pa in the first place?

+1
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
or maybe use a Direct Box between the line out and the PA.

I personally am a mic in front of the cab kind of guy though.
Quote by handbanana
heres an idea, use an actual guitar cab and not a PA. sorry but this was just a dumb question to being with. PA speakers are made for PA's, not for guitars........

You obviously didnt read the post all the way genius. I said I run the amp through the PA as well as my cab, just to even out my sound throughout my band's building.

I dont have any good instrument mics, so I figured using a line out would sound better than a mic, especially a shitty one.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Last edited by Lovecannon at Jul 8, 2010,
My band always mics everything even during practice. We tend to crank all the amps up to deafening levels if we don't.

I still stand with trying a DI box but it doesn't sound like you want to pop for a decent mic so buying a DI box might be out for you also.

"heres an idea, use an actual guitar cab and not a PA. sorry but this was just a dumb question to being with. PA speakers are made for PA's, not for guitars........"

I read this response and thought I missed something in your original post. Sucks leaving a smart a$$ remark and get it totally wrong.
Quote by Griffin Effects
My band always mics everything even during practice. We tend to crank all the amps up to deafening levels if we don't.

I still stand with trying a DI box but it doesn't sound like you want to pop for a decent mic so buying a DI box might be out for you also.

"heres an idea, use an actual guitar cab and not a PA. sorry but this was just a dumb question to being with. PA speakers are made for PA's, not for guitars........"

I read this response and thought I missed something in your original post. Sucks leaving a smart a$$ remark and get it totally wrong.

Yeah lol.. don't you just hate it when someone doesnt read a post all the way and says some dumb sh*t? But yeah, I have some mics, but I have other things on my "to buy" list and a nice instrument mic or DI box isn't on the top of that list lol. The reason I like to run my amps through the PA even through practice is so that the sound isnt coming from just one point in the room, using the PA gives you a more even dispersion of sound, and you dont have to crank as loud, it just makes things easier. Ill probably just start using a spare mic to mic it, or get a DI box when I have some extra cash :|
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, I still don't have a full understanding of whats going on...

If this a question for venue use or practice?

I do just fine at practices, but I use flat attenuation earplugs so it's not too loud...Gigs, practice, loud concerts, always wear 'em.

Its at practices, basically my bands PA is adding a bunch of treble to my amp, which I dont even understand how that's possible, since Im running the line out to the PA.. They are pretty close to each other, so maybe it is some sort of feedback, or because Im running it straight from the unbalanced line out without a DI x.x
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I don't have much experience with DI boxes unfortunately.

I'm just failing to see the purpose of this. The problem only exists at practice when you use the line out, when you don't really need to have it going through PA anyway.

How big is the practice space? Perhaps your location to the monitors is causing feedback through your guitars pickups?
Quote by forsaknazrael
I don't have much experience with DI boxes unfortunately.

I'm just failing to see the purpose of this. The problem only exists at practice when you use the line out, when you don't really need to have it going through PA anyway.

How big is the practice space? Perhaps your location to the monitors is causing feedback through your guitars pickups?

Its not pickup feedback. Just nevermind, this thread has become pointless. Could a mod please close this thread? Ill just start using a mic instead of my line out, problem solved.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
don't use the line out. there's no cab simulation. you're missing one of the most important parts of the signal chain.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer