Quote by dareheaven
hello, at the moment this is my chain:

where and how would i setup an
ISP decimator g string
OR
a Decimator ProRack
also wat extra cables would i need, and would i need a power supply?

btw the lines you see going from one slot to the same slot is just where it goes in the chain, its not a cable, the cables are where the line goes from one slot to another (eg guitar to pod x3 live)

rigth i just got the isp decimator but i cant get it to work properly its driving me nuts, i dont know if im setting it up wrong, if theres a problem with my amp, or the pedal wtf is going on ARGH
right

this is what i have setup:

i have my pod x3 live with the 4 cable method connected to the head and cabs, but the noisegate is driving me nuts where and what to connect to...
just look at the images and tell me where and how to connect it up plz

FINAL EDIT AND FIX

i finally got it perfectly working, figured out the cable configuration and figured out my stupid mistake, i had the loop off on my pod x3 live and unconfigured properly, but i set all loops on 100% wet, heres the correct connections for people:

Last edited by dareheaven at Jul 15, 2010,
My Decimator G string is set at the end of my chain prior to the preamp and then hooked up in the f/x loop. Your set up looks complicated, I can't find how the Decimator would be set up in your signal chain. Really, as long as it's looped in prior to the amp (last in line) and in the f/x loop (last in line) you should be fine.
Quote by celticstorm84
My Decimator G string is set at the end of my chain prior to the preamp and then hooked up in the f/x loop. Your set up looks complicated, I can't find how the Decimator would be set up in your signal chain. Really, as long as it's looped in prior to the amp (last in line) and in the f/x loop (last in line) you should be fine.

from the look of the image i posted it may seem complicated, (its the 4 cable method) look it up its the way it should be setup with multi effects units, but yeah im not sure what would go where, and your not making it very clear to me im still confused lol, sorry im just a little slow at this :P
Quote by celticstorm84

btw where you get yours from and how much for?
and wat would you say i should get the prorack or the g string? (dont like the name g string though haha)
You might be over complicating things with your proper way of doing things.
It goes RIGHT before the amp, after the effects, as the above user stated.
So if I were to use one it would go-
Jackson RR3> MXR 10 Band >Decimator> B52 (amp)

Also, you don't NEED a power brick, a wall socket will work just as well if you've got one available.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by VanTheKraut
You might be over complicating things with your proper way of doing things.
It goes RIGHT before the amp, after the effects, as the above user stated.
So if I were to use one it would go-
Jackson RR3> MXR 10 Band >Decimator> B52 (amp)

Also, you don't NEED a power brick, a wall socket will work just as well if you've got one available.

ah so it comes with a power cable?
thats good
and i see where i would put the noise gate now, but you also can and i would like to connect the noise gate using its fx loop, how would i use that and where would i connect it?
Quote by dareheaven
hello, at the moment this is my chain:

where and how would i setup an
ISP decimator g string
OR
a Decimator ProRack
also wat extra cables would i need, and would i need a power supply?

btw the lines you see going from one slot to the same slot is just where it goes in the chain, its not a cable, the cables are where the line goes from one slot to another (eg guitar to pod x3 live)

rigth i just got the isp decimator but i cant get it to work properly its driving me nuts, i dont know if im setting it up wrong, if theres a problem with my amp, or the pedal wtf is going on ARGH
right

this is what i have setup:

i have my pod x3 live with the 4 cable method connected to the head and cabs, but the noisegate is driving me nuts where and what to connect to...
just look at the images and tell me where and how to connect it up plz
here some extra info:

Hey, got mine from pro guitar shop online. Forget what it cost me but I'm sure the price is still the same. Normally a noise gate is set last in the chain prior to the amp or last in the f/x loop or in this case with the G String, last both prior to the amp and in the f/x loop. I'll be honest, your diagrams are crazy confusing and I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I also don't know the setup of the POD. As long as you have enough I/Os you can rig it so it goes prior to amp: guitar > pod > decimator > amp input.....and loop: amp send > pod in > pod out > amp return.

It should work like any multi f/x board again, as long as you have enough input/outputs. It's also a pain with all the cables as it takes four of them, haha.

Just be sure you have it set so the "Guitar In" and "Guitar Out" on the Decimator are for the signal path PRIOR to the amp and that the "Dec In" and "Dec Out" are for the F/X loop.

With that it should be fairly simple, I think what's confusing for me is not knowing much about the POD Live and having very little experience with multi f/x units.

Hopefully that helps clear something up for you, lol. It's quite a complicated setup no matter how you look at it, that's the only problem with the Decimator. Great pedal though, should prove useful for you.

Best of luck!

hey, thanks alot that helped me alot on placement finding of the noise gate, its all sorted, i spent two days finding out how to do it, first mistake was having the loop turned off on the pod (****in idiot i am haha), then i got it working perfectly, then today it didnt work, but tonight i finally found out why, coz of the battery was low, but i never knew that coz the red light was still on, i didnt know how high the power is matters, ima get a PSU for my equipment asap, cba with all the batterys lol