i'm kinda new to soloing and i was wondering what are some good intermediate solos? i've been playing for a while so i'm not really a beginner, but i'm not that good at soloing either. i realized i don't know many solos and i figure learning different techniques in songs will help me in eventually making up my own. so what are some songs with solos that aren't too easy but aren't too difficullt either? i'll try just about anything from grunge to alternative metal to thrash. thanks.
Nothing else matters, a pretty easy solo. Hotel California, it's quite long and tricky, but not very hard to learn but you'll have to practice it a lot to get the feeling out of it. Enter sandman, it's a little bit more complicated mainly beacuse it's faster, but I think you'll do with it

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

sunshine of your love by eric clapton is fairly good to learn if your new to solos. also the first solo to one by metallica.

those are the first i learned they have similar technique so once yo get one down the other shouldent be too bad.
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
When I Come Around - Green Day
Waiting - Green Day
American Idiot - Green Day
Holiday - Green Day
21 Guns - Green Day

I see a pattern here...
lulz ^
MIM Fender Strat
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
green day? really? haha.
well i know the "one" intro solo. "enter sandman" is a little tough for me.
i honestly don't like clapton or eagles stuff.
Yes really, Green Day. Some of the easiest solo's ever. The hardest one in my post is in 21 Guns. Maybe American Idiot... depending... but not really.

You don't need to just learn teh metalz solos to be good at soloing or for learning how to solo. My teachers have told me to listen to drastically different music than I'm use to when I start composing and writing music. Yeah, I don't like Bob Marley, The Beatles or Secondhand Serenade all that much, but it helps a lot, for some reason.
yes ^ you dont have to like it, its just for technique. try to emulate clapton, or put a little spin on it of your own. i dont like metallica but i know a couple of their songs for technique's and what not.

just as r0ckth3d34n said, listn to drastic music that you may not like, in the end it will broaden your view on music and technique
MIM Fender Strat
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
well lets just say i'm not looking to make my own stuff up yet and i wanna learn songs i like
stairway to heaven solo and smoke on the water solo..pretty long, pretty hard, but you'l; get it
Some of bullet for my valentines solos are pretty simple, Just ones in the middle of songs etc not the main solos but even some of the main solos from what i can tell are just the same pattern over and over and then a little bit of something different at the end,
No more tears by ozzy,prolly the easiest zakk wylde solo...no wait see you on the other side is by far the easiest zakk solo...lol .man in a box is pretty easy...alive by pearljam...foxey lady,all along the watchtower,pride and joy by srv all fun but relitivly easy solos
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Some that I know that's relatively easy are; 'Paranoid' by Black Sabbath, the first solo in 'Sweet Home Alabama' by Lynyrd skynyrd and also 'High Way to Hell' by AC/DC, which is nice and easy to play along to.
Gear:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Squier Affinity Telecaster
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Vox AD50VT 212
& New MXR Distortion+
If you like metalcore, then do the solo to "Scream Aim Fire" by Bullet for my Valentine.
It's a great solo to learn and practice, since it uses many techniques in metal and rock guitar solos (alternate picking, hammer ons/pull offs, sweep picking, two hand tapping, bends, etc)
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
AC/DC - Back In Black solo.. Not too easy not too hard, might take you a while but its fun.
^agreed^ forgot about that solo, haha.
Gear:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Squier Affinity Telecaster
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Vox AD50VT 212
& New MXR Distortion+